10

"It's not funny, Evan!", I yelled at my roommate who was standing in my doorframe watching me pack my suitcase.

I had been sitting on the floor for the last hour, crying. I know it sounds pathetic but i had nothing to wear even though my closet was full of clothes.

And it didnt help that Evan was now watching me and chuckled which wasnt helping at all. It just made me even more upset about the whole situation anf i felt so stupid.

"Evan", I cried. "I have nothing to wear."

"What's with the dress you held up a second ago. It looked cute."

"I. Dont. Wanna. Look. Cute.", I sobbed. "It's a wedding!"

I was completely losing my shit. Evan let out another laugh but this time he sounded more like he felt sorry for me and he seemed to decide to slowly walk over to me.

"Oh schnecke", he sighted softly and picked up a few dresses I had thrown on the floor earlier. "You're worriying way too much."

He inspected the dresses he had picked up and pointed at a light blue one. "I like this one. Take it with you."

He held it up for me and I just glared at it. It was a pretty dress. A strapless dress that I knew hugged my body perfectly since it was so tight on the waist. It reached down to the floor but was open on one side so it still showed a good amount of leg.

So I nodded thankfully.

For the next two hours we had sat on the floor in my room, packing my suitcase. Evan had helped me. And even though he had made fun of me everytime I burst out into tears again for whatever reason, I was very thankful for his help.

It was the beginning of our semester holidays and we'll start our trip tomorrow morning. Its gonna be a very long car ride but still I was kinda looking forward to it since i never sat in a car for so long before. My parents just always used to take their private jet.

Noah had already left the house to the airport since he was visiting his family in Arizona.

So it was only Evan and me this evening.

After i, or we, had finished packing up, we had decided to order some pasta from the restaurant right across the corner so we didnt have to wash the dishes before we'll leave.

So right now we were sitting on the couch, eating our food and watching our tv show. Yes, our show. Its the one we always watch together.

"Evan, is it normal that I'm scared?", I asked after some time.

"You dont need to be scared, Cami", he said amused. "I already told my grandparents you're coming. They'll love you."

I just nodded.

"My grandma already asked me about your favourite food. I told her it's pancakes. That's right, isnt it?", he asked.

And i couldnt stop smiling after he said that. How could he remember that when I litterely told him a frw months ago? He was so sweet...

"The only thing you need to be sacred of are her hugs. I swear, I sometimes feel like she wants to suffocate me", he grinned and nudged me in the side. "She'll probably won't let you go that easilyly once she hugs you."

That made me laugh.

"Oh and my sister is excited to meet you" , he said as if it was nothing.

"Wait", I gasped. "You have a sister? You've never told me, Evan!"

"My mother had her with another man but my grandparents adopted her when she was two because my mother couldnt handle raising her on her own. She's sixteen and her name is Celine."