Chapter 27: Graduation Day

Today is Rory's graduation day, she is so nervous. She met some new friends this year named Olivia and Lucy. They came over a few times they even went to Stars Hollow and spent the weekend as a girl's getaway.

They seem pretty nice there were some issues with Lucy's boyfriend, who was Rory's friend Marty. He was the one she was with when she met Logan, Colin, and Finn.

He acted like he didn't know Rory, and Lucy happened to overhear me talking to Marty about why he was acting like he didn't know Rory. 

He said he just didn't feel comfortable with Lucy knowing he and Rory were friends, and he had a crush on her. I told him that wasn't fair to act like that for Rory or to have Rory hide the fact she knew him, and it wasn't fair to Lucy.

Lucy overheard it all, and she left upset. They broke up, and Rory blames herself. I explained that it wasn't her fault it was his he shouldn't have been so deceitful toward either of them. I apologized to lucy before she ran out.

Today, they are all graduating. We have Rory's graduation today then tomorrow, we have to attend Mark's graduation from Harvard. After that, we are flying to Hawaii out of Boston. 

Rory is so beautiful I watch her get dressed and fix her hair. She is absolutely breathtaking. She can take my breath away with just a single look. 

I walk into the bedroom as she is putting on her necklace and bracelet. I walk up behind her and help her fasten the necklace around her neck. I then easily pepper kisses down her neckline.

I wrap my arms around her waist and smile as she snuggles into me. This is what I live for every day. The closeness we share with each other.

"This feels nice, baby."

"Yes, it does very nicely. You did it, darling, today, you will become a Yale graduate, and I am so proud of you."

"Yes, I will be. I have that interview for when we return from Hawaii for the Hartford newspaper. I hope I get it if not, I don't know what I am going to do."

"Baby, they would be lucky to have you, and if not, that's fine it's their loss. I already told you that you don't have to work. You can freelance pieces or something. I can even find a job for you at our company. There are a lot of writing jobs we have available."

"What writing jobs do you have available at a property management company, well, for one, when we begin building properties, we have a writer that works exclusively for us that writes all the news releases. They also write the headline for any and all events. Then, we also have the area that writes up the plans, edits contracts, they write up all the property details and anything else we need. We also have a writer that writes all company emails for whatever we need. They write emails to all of our open properties."

"Wow, I had no idea those jobs were available within your company. Okay, I will stop stressing. I just want to be able to help you provide for our life."

"Oh, darling, if you work, that money will be yours. I am the man it is my job to support my family. I don't want you to take offense to that. I was just raised the men paid the bills while the women enjoyed the luxuries of our labor. Now, when I need to travel, you will be traveling with me, because I can't be separated from you."

"You don't travel much, nothing like Finn and Logan. I know, and I know I am a very independent person with you I have never felt like you were trying to buy my love as I did with Logan. You make me feel like my opinion counts Like when we went to buy furniture last year, you ask me things I liked."

"Of course, your opinion matters. It was our furniture, not mine. Traveling might be an issue if you work somewhere else. Baby, this is our life, not my life or yours, ours together."