Chapter 29: Time to talk to Tristan

We have been back in New haven for three days. Robert hasn't mentioned the hall pass with Tristan since we returned. Maybe he changed his mind, which makes me feel better, but then my crazy mind starts wondering what it would have been like.

What would Tristan be like as a lover, fast, and unattentive, or soft, sweet, and completely focused on me? 

Rory can feel his hands on her body as she is standing there, dreaming of what it would be like. She shook her head and snapped back into reality. She finished wiping the counters, she was cleaning the kitchen.

Robert had run into town to run some errands, and she started cleaning up the house. They had started slowly packing some boxes, so once they found a house, moving would be easier. The house they bought would be theirs to raise their family in it. 

Rory finished cleaning the counters, swept, and mopped. She had just sat down with a glass of water and a cup of coffee when Robert came home, he was followed by Tristan. 

Rory smiled at Robert when he came in, and he walked over and kissed her. He sat down beside her. She smiled at Tristan as he walked in behind Robert.

Robert had gone to the pub, he had texted Tristan and asked if he could meet him. Robert was enjoying a beer when Tristan walked over and joined him. He sat down and ordered a beer.

"So, how was Hawaii? It must have been pretty good the way you are smiling." He wiggled his eyebrows at him jokingly.

Robert smiled, "it was great, we had a great time. Rory got a nice little tan and loved the beach. She has finally rested up and relaxed since the finals drained her so much. You look like you have finally rested as well."

"Yea, finals killed me, now I am trying to find a home in Hartford, dad says I have to start working in a few months."

"I bet that sucks, I know you aren't really happy to be working for your dad. Rory had her interview yesterday at the Hartford paper."

"How did that go?"

"Good, I think she said he seemed really pleased with the interview, and she should hear something back within the next couple of weeks. That means we have really got to find a house and get moved."

"Looks, like all of us are looking for homes in Hartford, me, Jessica, You and Rory."

"Yea, seems that way, has she had any luck yet?"

"No, sadly."

"Oh, why don't you and her get a place together?"

"We haven't hit that spot in our relationship yet. We have spent the night at each other's, but the full moving in together, we are nowhere near there yet."

"Oh, ok, you have been together what six months now?"

"Yea, almost six months."

"Rory and I moved in together pretty quickly, I guess. I mean, we dated for six weeks before we slept together. After six weeks, we became an official couple. Then we moved in before school started, so right at six months with the first six weeks included."  

"Well, you were smart. You committed to her and then moved in together to show her you were serious about your relationship then you asked her to marry you. You are taking the right steps with a woman like Rory."

"So, switch it up. If you were in a relationship, would you ask Rory to move in with you at the same point you are with Jessica?"

Tristan looked down and then back into Robert's eyes, "I probably would have asked Rory to move in the day after we started dating and asked her to marry me the next day. Rory is special, she's one of a kind, and anyone with any sense would know you hang on to a girl like Rory."