Chapter 43: Adjusting to our life

Two weeks later:

Rory and Tristan have lived together for two weeks now. Things are going great they have adjusted to each other's schedules pretty well. 

Tristan and Rory cook dinner together every night. Tristan's schedule at work has been a little crazy, and Rory is writing freelance pieces for local papers. It gives her something to do, she has spent a lot of time in their library.

Tristan is so in love with Rory that sometimes when he comes home, and she is reading, he will just stand there and stare at her.

Lorelai came over last week and acted like she was choking on air when she pulled up. Rory and Tristan just laughed at her. 

She said wow, this house is huge you could fit three of your grandparent's homes in it. Rory told her to hush and come in.

Alex just laughed at her he has finally gotten used to her crazy antics. She was really excited when she saw the coffee bar we made.

They enjoyed dinner on the patio, and she acted like a kid when she sat on the swings. Don't get me wrong, I like Lorelai, but I don't want her to make Rory feel bad because we bought a nice house.   

We have been getting our wedding planning done we have an engagement party in two weeks we decided to just have it here at our house we have the room, so we are doing an engagement and a housewarming party at once. 

Sookie is catering the party, and she is making the cake for the party and for our wedding. Rory has been meeting up with Cynthia, Mandi, and Shannon every week for lunch.

They have all been really great to Rory and accepting of our relationship. Emily wasn't very nice the first time I met her, but she has started to come around. Robert paid off her debt with them, and we still go over every other Friday for dinner. 

Rory is going to meet my family next week. I am not really happy about that because my parents are jerks they are nothing like Lorelai or Cynthia.

They didn't like it when I told them that Rory and I had bought a house together, when I told them we were engaged, or when I told them we were going to get married pretty soon. We decided to have our wedding in January.

Rory and I decided we didn't need a long engagement, and we have both chosen not to sign a prenup. She has as much money as I do right now, and when her grandparents and dad pass away, she will have more than me. 

We aren't marrying for money, and we know that. If our marriage doesn't work out, she will keep the house and half of our combined assets. I don't see that happening, but if, for whatever reason, we don't last, I will leave the relationship as her friend. 

Rory goes and spends some days in Stars Hollow with her mom, Lane, and Sookie a few times a week. She is always so happy when she comes home. I can always tell when she has been to Stars Hollow.

I love nothing more than cuddling up with her every night. Even more so after an amazing love-making session. We don't make love every night but several times a week. 

Our sex life is amazing, we have christened every room in this house several times. We have less than three months until our wedding.

We sent out the wedding invitations last week we decided to have our wedding at the church in Stars Hollow on January 12, 2008.

We are going near Jolly Harbour in Antiqua on the Caribbean Island. He has already booked our honeymoon, and I am excited we picked January because it won't be as busy with tourists. 

I rented the entire villa for four weeks, I rented a golf cart, and our villa is completely secluded from everyone and everything. The pool looks like it is the ocean, our dining area looks over the water absolutely gorgeous views, and I can't wait. 

I can't wait to spend four whole weeks with Rory. We have already made the decision that two weeks before our wedding, she is going to have the implant removed, and we are going to start our family.

I can't wait to see our babies, a perfect mix of her and me, into one little human. I just can't wait to see Rory as a mom, I think she will be a perfect mother. I hope she and our kids have a bond like she and Lorelai have. 

Sadly I don't get along that great with my parents I barely speak to my dad when I'm at work. We just pretty much coexist in the same office space. 

I explained to Rory how bad the relationship is with my parents, and I told her that I will have a better relationship with my wife and my kids than my dad did with me. He and mom barely talk when they are together. 

He travels just to avoid being around her or me. That is why he sent me away to Military school because he didn't want to deal with me anymore. 

So, I am finally taking her to meet my parents, and I told her not to take their actions personally. They don't really like anyone. 

Well, it's time to head home to my beautiful fiancee' I close my computer tabs and shut down my computer, grab my laptop, and jacket and head out the door. 

I pull into the garage and walk into the house. I hang my jacket on the coat rack and sit my laptop on the table. I walk to the library and don't see Rory.

I walk to the patio, and there she is, sitting in the chase lounger and reading a book. She looks so engulfed in the story she is reading. 

I decide to go change clothes, I walk to our room. I lay my jacket on the chair and strip my clothes off, grab a pair of sweats and a hoodie and walk outside barefoot. 

She is still reading that book without even noticing I am home. I am standing there watching her when she turns around. 

"Hey baby, I didn't hear you come in, sorry, I am really loving this book. How was work?"   

"I know you were totally into that book, I stood here for a few minutes before I went to change clothes. Work was work, pretty much the same every day. Did you get your article written?" 

"Yep, I finished it by ten this morning and have just spent the entire day reading. I missed you. Are you ready to start dinner?"

"I missed you too, baby girl. I can start dinner if you want to continue reading."

"Oh, no way, making dinner together is our thing. Yes, it's a good story, but I am not missing my time with my fiance'. Let's go make dinner, babe."

He smiled as she walked over to him and wrapped her arms around his waist. She leaned up and kissed him, a deep passionate kiss that set his whole body on fire. He was now curious about what book she was reading. 

They walked into the kitchen and started preparing dinner. He stood behind her as they chopped the vegetables they were going to steam. She sliced the potatoes while he fixed the salad. 

Tonight, they were having a meatloaf with fried potatoes, steamed carrots and fresh green beans, and a salad.

He put the salad in the fridge, and she started heating the oil for the potatoes, while he washed them. The carrots and green beans were already steaming.

She set the table with their plates and salad bowls. She set the glasses on the table with a pitcher of iced tea she had made earlier for dinner. She pulled the meatloaf out and set it on the table, he set the veggies, and potatoes down, she grabbed the salad, and they sat down. 

He poured them each a glass of tea, and they fixed their plates. They sat there and ate dinner after dinner, they did the dishes and sat down on the sofa. They cuddled up and watched some tv. 

Rory yawned, and Tristan smiled at her, "let's go to bed, baby girl." They turned all the lights off and made their way to their room. They stripped their clothes off, and Rory slipped her tank top on, and she climbed into bed with Tristan. He pulled her into his arms, and soon they drifted off to sleep.