Chapter 4

Y/n's pov

Ella was right. Monaco was packed. Everywhere you turned there were a group of excited F1 fans taking pictures and squealing at any sports car that passed them.

I was carrying my shopping back to my house when a group of girls, not much older than me, stood whispering and pointing. One of the them stepped towards me.

"Are you Charles Leclerc's girlfriend?" She asked.

"Um," I looked at her stunned. Had the girl from the club said something?

"Oh my, it is look," she showed the other girls something on her phone.

"Look I think you've made a-" I started but was quickly interrupted.

"It is!" They were distracted on their phones so I quickly slipped away into my building.

I carried my bags, into the lift and then to my apartment. I put them down and tried to process what just happened. I stared at my unfinished drawings and paintings in the corner of the room, I reminded myself that I must get them done. My phone buzzed in my back pocket.

Unknown number

This is Charles

I got this number from Ella

We need to talk

Can I come over?

Sure
It's  number 9

I blinked at my phone. Charles Leclerc was coming to my apartment. My apartment. I immediately became aware of the glasses in the table and the dirty dishes in the sink. Before I could do anything about them, there was a knock at the door.

I brushed down my clothes and rushed to the door. My heart was pounding in my chest.

"Hey," I opened the door, trying to hide my feelings.

"Hello," he walked in, looking around the room. His eyes scanned the walls before returning to mine. I quickly looked away.

"So," I asked. "What did you want to talk about?"

"Look at this," Charles opened his phone and gave it to me.

It was open on an article, which read: Charles Leclerc spotted with his new girlfriend in Monte Carlo last Saturday.

I gasped, someone had taken a picture of us leaving the club and getting into the taxi. My face was very clear on the screen.

"What are we going to do?" I looked up at him, he could sense my worry.

"Ok I have a plan," he followed me to the couch where we sat down opposite each other. "You can say no, but what if we pretend to date each other?"

"Charles..."

"Just hear me out, I need people to stop cornering me when I'm out and Ella said that you've always wanted to travel the world and continue you artwork, so what better way to do it with me and Ferrari?"

I sat there staring at him, part of me was saying 'run, as fast as you can, you know how this ends' but the other part was staring into his pleading eyes wondering what it's like to travel the world and see different places and cultures.

"I don't know Charles, how would it work?"

"You would just come and stay in the Ferrari suite with me at various races, but that also means you can go round the different cities and take inspiration for you paintings," he gestured to the canvas in the corner and the paper on the floor. "They're beautiful by the way."

I blushed and immediately hated myself for it as a large smiled grew on his face.

"So how long would I have to be with you for?" I asked, getting more and more used to the idea.

"We can see how it goes until after the Monaco Grand Prix," Charles said. "Then maybe until the summer break?"

"Until August?"

"We can see until after this weekend, you can say no at any time," Charles smiled at me making my heart melt.

I spoke quickly without thinking. "Ok."

"Ok? Are you sure?" Charles looked excited and my heartbeat hammered against my ribs.

"Yeah I think so," I laughed.

"Parfait! Do you want to come to mine tomorrow to draw up the plans?" He asked, standing up and making his way to the door.

"Yeah ok, I'll text you later," I opened the door for him.

To my surprise, he kissed me on the cheek and walked out the door and closed it behind him. I stood there blinking at the door.

What the hell just happened?