Chapter 25

Ella's pov

I knocked on the white door. After a few seconds it opened. The Monegasque man opened it and I pushed passed him.

"What the actual fuck, Charles?" I looked at his face. He looked like he hadn't slept. "When I invite you a party, you come to the party."

"Nice to see you too," he slumped in the sofa. "And I did come."

"Walking in then leaving the same minute doesn't count," I stood up in front of him.

The room was a mess. Considering he was an athlete, I had never seen so many empty take out boxed and glass beer bottles in the same area. It smelt like the inside of a pub on game day.

"Please tell me you've had people over."

"Sure, I've had people over," Charles said sarcastically. "What do you want Ella?"

"For you to stop being a prick."

He looked up at me. His eyes were lifeless and tired. I almost felt sorry for him.

"Look, I kind of understand where you were coming from," I moved some boxes and sat down on the couch. "But you went about it horribly."

"Yeah I know, can we not talk about it please?"

"You have to talk about it, you're living like a hermit crab," I gestured round the room. "Then you turn up to the party, and who's there to welcome you?"

"That was a mistake," he sighed.

"Wait what did you do?" I let his words float around in my head. Had he really got back with Viola?

"I saw her the other day, she cornered me and I just went along with her," he ran his hand through his hair. "I don't know why. And before you say anything, nothing happened."

"Oh Charles," I sighed. "Pathetic."

"You know, some people say that family is meant to be supportive," he said.

"Well some people need to told," I looked at him, he rolled his eyes. "Charles you need to get your act together and stop being a pathetic loser and sort out the mess that you made. You and I both know you need to. She's gone back to England, just fix it."

I quickly walked out of the room before he could say anything and closed the door behind me. Hopefully I had got through his thick skull and he would finally come to his senses.

My phone buzzed in my back pocket.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🇪🇸

Caitlin: Did it work?

Macey: is he going?

Ella: I pulled out all the big guns

Ella: His apartment looks like it's blown up, bulldozed and then thrown back together again

Caitlin: Men 🙄

Macey: have either of you heard from y/n?

Ella: no

Caitlin: Nothing

Macey: I hope everything is alright, it's been silence since the party

Caitlin: Women 🙄

Ella: I'll update you later