Chapter 14

Charles' pov

The car pulled up near the paddock entrance. Y/n was looking out the window at the water surrounding the track.

"You didn't tell me it looked like this!" She exclaimed as we got out of the car. "It's so pretty."

I took her hand and walked up to the turnstiles. We walked through into the paddock. It was a warm day, the sun was reflecting off the buildings and bouncing off the water.

"There's gonna be lots of cameras in a minute," I squeezed her hand and looked down at her. "And there's gonna be a lot of people."

"You are quite popular," she smiled, mesmerised by the buildings and trees.

"That's because I'm the best."

"I'm sure that's the reason," she said sarcastically.

"What? Are you saying there's another reason?" I winked at her.

"You're head is already big enough," she said as we walked further into the paddock. I kissed her head as we walked around a crowd of people.

"Oh my God! It's Charles Leclerc!" A young boy ran up to me with a Ferrari cap. "Can you sign this?"

I smiled at him. "Of course." I picked up the hat and signed it. "I hope you enjoy the race!"

"I hope you win the race," he smiled and ran back to his dad.

"That was cute," y/n retook my hand. "I can see lots of Ferrari caps down there."

"Brace yourself."

We walked quickly trying to avoid the group of teenagers taking selfies talking very loudly. Pierre had already been ambushed by them. He was surrounded, signing caps and taking pictures. He looked straight at me and smiled. I shook my head at him, willing him not to say anything.

"Charles! It's so nice to see you," he smiled a devilish smile at me as all of their heads turned to face me and y/n.

"Charles!"

"Oh my god!"

"Who's this?" One of them pointed at y/n, glaring at her.

She laughed obviously unbothered by them.

"I'm y/n  y/l/n, Charles' girlfriend," she squeezed my hand.

It felt nice to hear those words come out of her mouth. I beamed at her and then looked back at the, now shocked, group.

"I didn't know you had a girlfriend?" One said, looking y/n up and down. A wave of protectiveness washed over me and I put my arm around her shoulder.

"Do you want me to sign anything?" I said ignoring them.

They all fought to hand me various items and I scribbled my signature on them. I waved to them as I fought to get to the Ferrari suite. Carlos was already sat down, talking to Fred.

"Do you want to come in?" I looked at y/n, I didn't want to leave her alone, not after what she told me on Tuesday.

13th June

"And she's here? In Monaco?" I hugged her again.

"Yeah," she smiled at me. "It's gonna be ok though, she can't stay here forever."

"I'm not comfortable with that woman being this close to you," I shook my head. "You're coming to stay with me for a while."

Y/n looked at me, her eyes still sparkling with tears. "You don't have to do that."

"Yes I do, I don't like the thought of you being alone here."

"Charles," I interrupted her.

"Nope, not a discussion," I shook my head at her. I was not letting her stay here with a crazy woman somewhere in town. "Do you need anything for tonight?"

"Um, no I don't think so," she brushed the tears off her face. "Thank you for doing this."

I kissed her and brought her in for another hug. I wasn't going to let anything happen to her.