Chapter 16

Y/n's pov

Montreal was beautiful. It was full of greenery and surrounded by water. Me, Caitlin and Ella shopped and ate at 3 different cafes throughout the afternoon. I felt relaxed and carefree here. Everyone seemed happy, maybe it was a Canadian thing.

"So, Ella," Caitlin finished the last of her coffee. "Who's this mystery man?"

"Wait a second," I nearly spat out my drink. "Ella is seeing someone?"

Ella put her head in her hands. "Did Macey blab?"

"She can't keep a secret," Caitlin shrugged.

"Oh my God, Ella who is it?" I asked, eager to find out as Ella's face reddened.

"It's nothing important really, nothing has happened," she shrugged, trying to act all nonchalant.

"Yet," Caitlin added. "Come on Ella."

"Yes, at least tell us where he is from," I said.

"Ok fine, he's from Norway," Ella sipped her drink as Caitlin's mouth dropped open.

"What?" I looked back and forth between them as Ella smirked.

"Ella's dating Erling Haaland!" Caitlin exclaimed.

"What? How?" I gasped, Ella smiled.

"Caitlin, how did you guess?" Ella looked at her, slightly disappointed that her secret was out.

"Ella how many Norwegian people did you obsess over?" Caitlin smiled. "I can't believe it!"

"Ella and Erling, that has a nice ring to it," I mulled it over in my mind.

19:57

Charles 🧸

What time will you be back tonight?

Pulling up outside the hotel now

Ok good

I've missed you today

Same ☺️

He was so cute. I couldn't believe how fast I was falling for him. It was stupid. I'd only known him for a month, and I couldn't picture my life without him.

"Hey," Charles walked in, his eyes looked tired.

"Hello," I walked up to him and kissed him. I wrinkled my nose. "Charles, you smell like you've had a bottle of tequila poured on you."

"It was a rough place."

"Did you have a nice time at least?" His eyes were distant.

"It was alright," he walked to the bed and lay down. "I'm just exhausted, it's been a long day."

I crawled onto the bed next to him and snuggled next to his chest. I listened to his breathing and relaxed.

"Are you looking forward to the race?" I asked.

"Yeah and no," he sighed, pulling me in. "This year isn't going as well as I thought."

"Charles, you're 3rd in the Championship."

"I'm hanging on by a thread."

"Honey, I'm proud of you. You don't have the fastest car and you're still giving Max and Lewis a run for his money," I looked at him and smiled. "Now come on, you need a shower, I can't stand that smell anymore."

"Care to join me?" A smiled reappeared on his face.

"Thought you'd never ask."