Chapter 10

I was sat sulking in my apartment. I felt like a 2 year old after being denied ice cream. I hadn't talked to Charles since the race. I had felt horrible and lost ever since he brushed past me in the garage, but he had to come to me first, not the other way round.

Ella was still in England, Macey was working on a case of plastic pollution in the Mediterranean and Caitlin was in Columbia doing charity work. I was completely alone in the city apart from my fake boyfriend, who I wasn't even sure if he was my real boyfriend or not. Life was a mess.

I was watching my comfort show, Gilmore Girls, whilst throwing popcorn into my mouth. I had called my dad earlier about the whole 'mother situation'. He had told me that he would 'sort it' and not to worry about her.

There was a knock at the door, I groaned and got up. I unlocked the door and stood there was of course, Mr Leclerc himself. Damn, I swore that man got hotter everyday.

"Can I help you?" I asked coldly, trying to stop myself from smiling.

"Yes I believe you can," he said. "I have felt horrible since Sunday and there's only one girl who can help me."

"Well, who is this mysterious girl who can save Charles Leclerc?" I asked.

"You might know her, fairly tall, dark hair, beautiful brown eyes, watching Gilmore girls," he pointed behind me to the TV where Rory and Jess were arguing on the screen. "Can I come in?"

"Be my guest," I walked back into the living room and paused the TV. "What's up?"

"I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry," he started. "I was angry and I know it's not an excuse but I needed those points and if I knew if I talked to anyone I would explode."

He stopped he noticed me smiling.

"What?"

"Nothing, I like hearing you apologise," I continued to smile as he rolled his eyes. "Please continue."

"I'm very sorry, I shouldn't have snapped and," he pulled something out of the bag. "I got you something."

He handed out a small cardboard box. I opened it to find 4 red velvet cakes, perfectly baked and decorated and smelt amazing.

"Charles, how did you know?" I looked at him, now he was grinning.

"I have my sources," he shrugged, obviously smug. "So you like them?"

"Yes I do, thank you," I blushed. "And I understand why you didn't want to talk to me, but don't do it again, I was only trying to help."

"I know I'm sorry, and I won't ever snap again I promise," He walked closer to me. "Are we ok now?"

"Yes, we are," I put my box of cakes down and kissed him. It was perfect.

"So, have you spoken the Caitlin recently?"

"Yes and if you're asking if Lando has said anything behind your back, we're not in high school," I laughed.

"You saw the crash, how could he possibly say it's my fault?" Charles sat down on the couch.

"Charles, please," I sighed. "Race control said it was a racing incident, no one is to blame."

"But it's obviously his fault."

"Sure," I shrugged, trying to sound convincing and obviously failing.

"You don't believe me do you?" He said.

"No, it's not that, I didn't see the crash properly."

"Seriously?"

"I was too busy looking at the cool weather radar thingie," I smiled, innocently.

"You're cute," he laughed. "So basically, I was ahead on the corner, meaning it was my corner but he had the inside line, and he said I turned in on him when I was just following my line. You're not listening are you?"

"None of what you said made any sense to me," he looked at me and laughed.

"What happened was," I cut him off.

"Shut up," I laughed and kissed him.