Chapter 23

Y/n's pov

My world had crashed and burned. I had spoken to Charles in days. Silverstone had been and gone with nothing as dramatic as last year. I didn't go to the race. I didn't want reminding of him and thousands of fans screaming his name wasn't really what I needed.

"Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?" Caitlin packed the last pair of her shoes into her suitcase.

"No, Caitlin you've done enough," I picked up my own bag before walking out of the door. "Plus I'm pretty sure Lando wants some time by himself with you."

"Lando's fine," she hugged me. "If you're sure."

We walked down and into the car park where Lando was loading the boot with bags.

"Are you going y/n?" He asked walking over to me and his girlfriend.

"Yeah, back home," I smiled at the thought of the farmhouse.

"That's a shame," he gave me a sympathetic smile. "If it's any help, Charles is still a mess."

Caitlin glared at him but I laughed weakly. "Not really, but thank you."

"Call me as soon as you get there, ok?" Caitlin hugged me again.

"I promise," I put my bags in the back of the taxi, I knew this was going to be a long road.

I waved them off as the driver set off on the journey back to the Lakes. I leant my head on the window and put my AirPods in. I shuffled my sad playlist and started with 'Breathe' by Taylor Swift. It didn't really help my mood, but playing Taylor was never a bad thing.

The hills rolled and clouds formed as we entered Cumbria. The rain hammered on the window. I thought back to the last time I was here. Tears prickled in my eyes, as I brushed away the thought of him for the millionth time.

5 missed calls in the last 3 days. My heart broke a little bit more every time it rung. But I knew I couldn't face him. He betrayed every bit of trust I put in him. Every time I thought of answering, I remembered the pain in my chest when that woman stood in the room.

The taxi pulled up outside my house. Everything here was separated from the rest of the world. Just the sheep to worry about, and barely any phone reception. I thanked the driver and walked into the hallway.

Home.

*****************************************
Authors note

Sorry this is a short chapter, but we're finally back in the Lake District ourselves (currently listening to Taylor obviously) so hopefully I can write a long one next time with some proper Lakes perspective.

Love you lots