Chapter 7

Charles' pov

The buzz from the win yesterday still hadn't worn off. Every time I thought about the race, a huge smile broke out onto my face. I opened I stared at the trophy sitting on my bedside table. It shone in the morning sun.

I sat up in bed. My eyes immediately trailed down to y/n still fast asleep, lying next to me. She looked so perfect, tucked up the the blankets. There was nothing she could do to stop me thinking about her, day in day out.

Last night was amazing. The perfect way to end one of the best weekends of my life.

Y/n stirred beside me. She reached out and touched my arm, sending electricity coursing through my veins.

"What time is it?" She murmured.

"8:30am," I replied, smiling as she threw her face into the pillow.

"Too early."

"Come on, we can go out for breakfast," I crawled back on top of her and kissed her cheek.

She giggled. "Stop it you!" She rolled over and looked straight up at me, her eyes still sparkled, even if it was 8:30 in the morning. "Where would we go for breakfast?"

"Anywhere you want, that's serves coffee," I kissed her again.

"Ok, but I'll have to go back to my apartment to get changed..."

"No way, we'll have to stay here then," I rolled off the bed and grabbed a t-shirt from the floor.

"Do you have to put a top on?" Y/n smirked at me, her eyes running up and down my chest.

I threw my top in her face. "As you wish."

The kitchen was cool and dark. The light from the sun was hiding behind clouds that covered the sky. Y/n walked out of the bedroom wearing an old Ferrari polo. I nearly dropped my cup in the sink. How could someone look that beautiful having just rolled out of bed?

"What?" She caught me staring at her.

"Nothing," I flipped the kettle on. "Red suits you."

"It was on the floor," she shrugged and sat down at the breakfast bar. "So, what are we having?"

"Well, I have the fine selection of some brown bread, a singular egg or some slightly squishy oranges."

"Wow, you know how to treat a girl," y/n laughed.

"I sure do," I winked at her making her cheeks flush pink.

"I'll take the egg."

"Coming right up," I grabbed a pan and the egg from the side.

"So where's the next race?" Y/n asked.

"Barcelona this week, but I'm flying out to Italy tomorrow," I replied.

I looked up as y/n didn't reply. Her eyebrows were furrowed as she stared down at her phone. She looked concerned but quickly closed it and looked back up at me.

"Everything ok?"

"Perfect," she answered too quickly. "Tell me about Barcelona."