Chapter 11

"Oh everything is so beautiful," Caitlin gasped as she walked into Macey's apartment.

"You're saying that as if you didn't pick out the flowers, the decorations, the food and the presents," Ella rolled her eyes. "Happy Birthday."

"Happy Birthday!" We all exclaimed.

"Yay, I love my birthday," Caitlin went over to the table where all the presents were. "What time are Lando and Charles getting here."

I looked at the others. They also shared the same expression I had.

"We didn't think inviting them both would be a good idea," I said.

"Yeah, especially after the things they said about each other in the press," Macey added.

"Come on, they're not children," Caitlin rolled her eyes. "Look, it's my birthday, and they're coming. Text Charles."

She handed me my phone. I texted Charles to come over and he messaged back quickly.

"He's coming," I sighed. "When's Lando getting here?"

"Soonish, he was getting me something," Caitlin was beaming. "When's the food ready?"

"Any minute now," Macey checked her watch. "Oh shit."

She ran into the kitchen at lightning speed.

"Every time," Ella laughed.

The bell rang in the door and I got up to answer it. Charles was stood there holding a bottle of wine and smiling.

"Bonjour," he said. "Lando's not here is he?"

He looked behind me and around the room. Caitlin and Ella were fighting over the playlist and Macey was still in the kitchen.

"Wow, you look beautiful y/n , it's so nice to see you y/n," I said sarcastically. "Oh thank you Charles, that's so nice of you."

"You look beautiful y/n," he kissed me. "Better?"

"Much better," I let him in the house. "Caitlin, Charles is here."

Caitlin looked up from trying to steal Ella's phone. "Charles, ça va?"

"Je vais bien. Joyeux anniversaire," Charles kissed Caitlin on the cheek and handed her the wine.

"Merci, chéri," Caitlin smiled and turned to me. "You can keep him."

I blushed and smiled at Charles.

"I'm planning on it."

"Ok so the food isn't ruined, it's just a bit crispy ," Macey came back into the room. "Oh hey Charles."

We all sat down at the table, Macey got the food ready and we waited for Lando to arrive.

Caitlin looked up at me. And mouthed that Lando was here. I nodded and looked at Charles who was talking happily to Ella.

Caitlin got up to answer the door.

"Happy birthday!" Lando's voice came from the door. Charles' head snapped round and he glared at me. I shook my head as he looked at the door.

"The flowers are amazing Lan," Caitlin walked back into the room. "Ok before you say anything, remember it's my birthday and you love me."

Lando stared at Charles. "What's he doing here?"

"I was invited," Charles stood up.

"Why? Caitlin's my girlfriend," Lando said.

"Well you're girlfriend has friends."

"Well get out because I don't want you here," Lando opened the door again. "Leave."

"Don't tell me what to do," Charles walked towards the door. "I saw what you said about me last weekend. For the last time, I didn't fucking turn in on you."

"Piss off, you can see your hands moving," Lando said.

"I was turning the fucking corner," Charles said.

I looked up at Charles and I could tell he was about to explode.

"Charles stop, this is stupid," I grabbed his hand before he got any closer to Lando.

"Yeah I have to agree with y/n here. I don't know if this is some form of Mexican stand off or a display of masculinity, but whatever it's stupid and it's ruining my birthday," Caitlin yelled. "I don't really care if you two hate each other but you're going to sit down and put up for each other for 2 hours and you don't have to talk to each other. It's my day and you're gonna put up with it or you can leave."

They both looked at each other in silence. The both mumbled sorry and sat down at the table like two naughty children. I smiled at Charles as his little face looked ashamed.

Macey brought the food in and the fight was forgotten.