Chapter 10

" The yearly country house party hosted by Lady Bridgerton at Aubrey Hall is always a decidedly large affair, filled with many well-bred attendees and well-made food to keep said attendees happy. 

And every year, the Bridgerton family travels ahead of time to spend a few days together. We all know how boisterous and close-knit the family is.

This year, however, the Bridgerton family has invited our dear Emerald along with them earlier than any other guests. Why might that be? Surely, Viscount Bridgerton is thinking of finally popping the question that will allow this dear Author and her dear Readers a glimpse into the future of the Royal Family and the Bridgerton Family.

Also in attendance at Lady Bridgerton's early invite to the country home: Our beloved and dearest Queen, and her son, the Duke of  Kent and Strathearn, Edward; King of Spain, Ferdinand (who, asusual, had much to say). 

This Author assumes that the invitation had alsoincluded the Prince of Wales since if the Viscount does ask the question regarding marriage, the Prince would need to be asked well in advance, but he was not present. 

Though this does pose a question. Was the Viscount's interest in Miss Edwina Sharma all a ruse? Or was he truly as devoted to the courtship as he seemed to be? And if he is, why did he not invite the young Miss Sharma? 

What is the real plan of the Bridgertons?

Lady Bridgerton's matchmaking tendencies arelegendary, and surely she must be at loose ends now that herdaughter has married the Duke of Hastings."

LADY WHISTLEDOWN'S SOCIETY PAPERS, 3 MAY 1814

It was early in the morning when the family arrived at Aubrey Hall. The Royal family would be arriving in the afternoon, hopefully in the late afternoon, as Lady Bridgerton still needed to make preparations.

Anthony had not told her of the Royals' arrival well in advance. It was rather a surprise for them. But a welcome one, nevertheless. And Violet did not mind it.

Especially not when her only married daughter so far, Daphne, appeared with her son Augie. Her husband the Duke, Simon was with them, finally able to rip himself away from work, and he was ready to show off his son Augie to everyone in sight.

"Enjoying your brief respite from the ferocious of marriage-minded young ladies, Brother?", Daphne asked, sitting down in her chair, with a smile. It was clear, she was truly worried about her brother.

She was, however, waiting for the other shoe to drop to find out another way that Anthony was too much like a man to realize something.

"Quite the opposite, Sister", Anthony replied, also sitting down in his chair. "I have invited one such young lady and her family to join us tomorrow".

Daphne was shocked. "Anthony has invited a young lady to join us at Aubrey Hall?", Daphne asked, repeating what Anthony had just said.

"Yes", Violet, their mother, replied with a big smile. She still held Augie carefully, rubbing his small back. "And she is quite lovely".

"My word!", Daphne exclaimed in surprise. "Well, I cannot wait to meet the woman who has captured your heart. Tell me! What is she like?".

"Princess Amelia", Anthony said. Daphne's eyebrows rose at the name, but Anthony did not seem to notice her surprise. "She is the picture of grace, beauty, and charm".

"Princess Amelia?", Daphne repeated, looking at her mother who nodded.

When she turned around to ask Anthony more questions, she was interrupted by Benedict.