chapter 3

It was the first morning at the new house.
I had woken up from the early sun light coming from outside. I was in a good mood today and I knew that it would be a wonderful day.

I walked into the bathroom and washed my face. I made my bed and started to feel hungry so I walked downstairs hoping to find some breakfast. But of course we had literally nothing to eat.

I thought to myself for a moment and came up with a plan to go eat breakfast at the "cozy dream" cafe before the job interview.

I had scheduled the interview at 12pm, I had 2h till then. So I decided to get myself ready for the day.

I went back to my room and put some music on in the background. I went for a quick cold shower and washed my hair. I threw on some baggy ripped jeans and a black spaghetti strap crop top. I decided to do an eyeliner today with red ish lipsticks. I made my hair in two messy braids.

I checked myself in the mirror and *damn I look good*

It was already 11 so grabbed my bag, threw in my phone, cigarettes, wallet, a little bit of makeup and my denim jacket. I took my JBL headphones and put them on my neck. I ran down stairs and saw mom sitting on the couch in the living room.

"Good morning, Em. You going somewhere?" She gave me a sweet smile.

"Ahh.. Yes I thought I could walk around the city and check the park near by." I decided not to tell her. But if I do get the job I will share the news tonight.

"Oo, that's nice, I will go grocery shopping at like 5pm, will you be home by then?"

"Yes, I will join you too, I want some snacks." I giggled nervously.

"Okay, I have to go now, bye!" I yelled as I opened the door.

"Bye, be safe." Was the last thing I heard when I closed the front door behind me.

I didn't call the Uber or take my skateboard, I just thought a 20 minute walk would be good for me, so I pulled up my headphones and played some calm music.

                                       *

I was standing in front of the cafe at exactly 11.30 and I was pretty tired from the walk here.

*next time I'll take the Uber*

"Are you gonna come in or...." An unfamiliar voice came from the cafe front door.

*Shit I've must have stared through the window for too long. *

I turned to the door and was greeted by a sweet smile, from a boy around my age, maybe a little bit older. He had brown, kinda curly hair and green eyes, he was pretty tall and I'm not gonna lie, kinda cute.

"Hey, I'm sorry, I probably looked creepy from the inside just staring." I chuckled nervously.

"Yea, maybe just a little." He laughed and I joined him.

"Anyways, yes, I will come in, because I'm starving!"

He opened the door fully and held it for me as I walked in.

*Such gentleman.*

I sat in one of the tables in a far corner. It was the best seat in my opinion, because you could oversee the whole cafe and the people who were here, but others wouldn't really see or hear you.

"So what can I get for you?"

"Oh, of course you work here, how could I miss that."

"Yeah... there were pretty obvious signs like my uniform, name tag and that I asked if you would come in." He chuckled.