chapter 4

I woke up with my head pounding like a train just ran over it.

*fuck, I guess today isn't gonna be as fun as I imagined.*

I stumbled to the bathroom and washed my face with cold water, brushed my teeth and ran a quick shower.

I looked at the time and it was already 8.50 am.

*Great, now I'm going to be late for my first day at the job!

I quickly put on a crop top, mom jeans and a flannel over everything. I didn't have time to  do my makeup or my hair. So I just figured I'll do it in the Uber.

I packed my bag which contained vape, phone, charger, wallet and a bit of makeup.

The Uber was already outside, so I grabbed my Airpods, slipped in my air force 1 and flew out the house.

In the Uber I put on my lip gloss and mascara, which was quite the challenge.

                                        *

"Okay, now you're gonna push this button and done!" Dan had been teaching me things for the past hour and I got the hang of everything pretty fast.

However I was still pretty hangover from last night.

"Omg, my head is killing mee!" I groaned.

"Why, what did you do last night?" He giggled handing me aspirin.

"Okay, you are not allowed to laugh, but I got drunk yesterday alone in my bathroom, because I needed to go grocery shopping with my mom."

Dan of course bursted out laughing, but quickly covered his mouth trying to contain himself.

"It's not funny, I'm hungover as shit." I  rolled my eyes.

"Well what a great way to start a Monday." He said sarcastically.

"Anyways, we got work to do. You, stand by the cash register and take their orders while I'm in the kitchen." He said and walked away.

I was standing behind the counter top when I saw my mom walking in. I quickly remember I hadn't told her yet and that she hadn't even seen me leaving this morning.

But she wasn't alone, behind her walked in a nice looking man that I hadn't seen before.

They sat in one of the tables in the corner and started chatting. They looked like they knew each other pretty well and it didn't look like a date, just a caching up meeting.

Dan had already gone there first and took their orders, because I was stuck behind the cash register.

*I don't think she saw me when she came in, but I don't want to disturb them so I can see where this is going.*

My thoughts we're soon disturbed by a beautiful calm voice.

"Excuse me, can I please get a to go order."

I turned around and saw an elegant looking woman. She had long brown hair, full lips that looked really soft, coffee brown eyes and smooth skin. She looked around her mid twenties and I felt like I was in love with her. She wore a white blouse with 3 opened buttons and a black bra that you could see through. I couldn't see below her rib cage because of the stupid counter.

I could literally look at her all day.

"Excuse me?" She waved a hand to snap me back in reality.

"Yes, sorry, it's my first day. What can I get you?" I gave her a wide smile.