chapter 5

Time skip one week before school:

Em's pov:

The summer is almost over and it's my last week working at the cafe. I really like the job and want to keep working here when the school starts, but Dan hasn't really said anything about "do I still want to work here when the school starts" and I'm too anxious about bringing it up.

I haven't seen Angelina at all after the first time, which is pretty sad and makes me think about what is she doing right now, was she really just visiting or did she just move away. *Does she even remember me...*

I told my mom about the job a week later I saw her there, because I couldn't think of any more excuse of where I was going everyday. However I didn't bring up the mystery man, and ever since I haven't seen them together.

———————

"Hey Dan I'm so sorry I'm running late, I slept in, but I'll be there in 15!" I said in my phone.

"Don't stress your covered." He said on the other line.

Me and Dan had become really good friends and hang out pretty often outside work.

                                       *

"Hey I'm here! So sorry again." I said running through the cafe door.

"No problem, your sweet, hilarious best friend got you." He answered sarcastically, smirking.

"Thank youuu..." I smiled while putting on an apron. (I didn't know that was a word)

                                      *

It was already the middle of my work hour's.
I had my back turned from the counter and was cleaning up a bit, when I suddenly heard a familiar voice behind me asking to order.

I turned around and saw no other than the angel itself.

"Angelina?" My voice was full of excitement and my face lit up in a matter of milliseconds.

"Em?" She looked at me up and down with a big smile on her face.

"I can't believe you remember me!" I said as I felt happiness filling my body. Honestly I had lost any hope on seeing her again after the past months. But here she is looking as beautiful and sexy as I remember.

"Of course I would remember the girl who gave me a nickname in the first minutes of meeting her." She smirked.

I blushed a little when I remembered what I wrote on that cup.

"Oh well, I thought the nickname really suites you." I said putting a strand of hair behind my ear while making eye contact.

She broke the eye contact and looked down at the floor shyly and I saw that she blushed a little at my comment.

"So what can I get you Angelina, since that's what you came here for?"

"I would like a tall black coffee with a croissant, to go please." She smiled.

"Ah the same order as the first time!" I said and looked at her.

"How do you remember?" She asked surprised.

"Well, hard to forget the order of a person I gave a nickname angel." I looked her in the eyes and smiled.

She looked me in the eyes too and it felt like the whole world around us just disappeared and it was just two of us left in the world. I felt tingles ran through my body just from her eye contact.