chapter 16

Emily's pov:

When we arrived home, we all went our seperate ways. Miss went to her room, Cal went to put away some groceries and I went to my room, so I can look through the new stuff I got and maybe do a haul for Mia.

After 15 minutes I was done.

I took out everything from the bags and placed some stuff in the closet. Then I put on my red bikini and an oversized, white, crocheted cover up. I took a towel from my bathroom, the new cigarettes I bought, a lighter and my phone, and put it all in a tote bag.

I walked out of my room, but didn't find anyone in the house. I went to the terrace and there was the trio, sitting by the pool and chatting. Although I didn't see miss T anywhere.

"I'll just walk along the beach for a little." I said to them.

"Okay, after join us, let's have a drink!" Sofie cheerfully said.

"Won't miss it!" I answer giving the thumbs up.

I went down the stairs to the beach. And as soon as my bare feet sank in the warm sand my body relaxed more.

I walked for a little along the ocean, just enjoying the sound of waves and the birds, the feeling of sun lingering on my skin and the smell of fresh air.

Further along I saw a tree log so I went there. I put my things down and sat next to them.

I took out my cigarettes and lit one. I inhaled as I looked around, there was pretty much no one and it's no surprise, because this was a private beach.
But it was so peaceful, I knew I had to cherished this moment.

From a distance I saw a familiar figure. It came closer and closer, and soon enough I could make sense of it.

She had on a black bikini and a see through black sarong wrapped around her hips. Her hair were wet and she looked really hot.

"Hello miss." I smiled as she walked up to me.

"Hi, Emily. You know smoking is a really bad habit." She said sitting next to me.

"Yea, I've heard. Want one?" I offered her the pack and she took one smirking.

She put the cigarette between her lips and I lit it for her as she looked at me.

"So, what brings you here?" I asked looking at the ocean.

"I thought it was a lovely evening for a walk, and a swim in the ocean." She answered.

"And what about you?"

"Great minds think alike." I looked at her and smiled.

At this point the sun was slowly starting to set and the sky became more and more colourful.

"I have noticed that whenever I'm somewhere alone, you show up out of nowhere."

"I guess it's your luck." She smirked.

"I guess so." I smirked back.

"Okay, I'm going for a swim. Gonna join?" I asked standing up.

"No, but thank you!" She smiled.

"Your loss." I turned around.

The water wasn't too cold which made this really enjoyable. I slowly slid in the water and swam around but after some time I stood still and took the sunset in.

*Wow*

I've had enough so I walked out and went towards miss. I think she has been watching me for the whole time. Either way she's watching me right now, not taking her eyes off me.

"How was the swim?" She asked when I was finally close enough.

"You know, it was wonderful!" I took my towel and wrapped it around me.

"Should we head back?" I asked her.

She stood up and I took it as a sign.

We slowly walked  for a little but then she spoke.

"Can I ask you something?" We continued walking.

"Sure, what is it?" I said curious of what she's about to ask.

"Today, at the mall, I came back a little early and I heard you play..." She didn't finish.

"Ahh, and you want to know why I lied." I looked at the ground.

"Yes, I have been thinking about it the  whole day."

"Well.... When I was little, I went to music school for many years. It was a lot practice and training at home, but to get through and understand everything my grandma helped me a lot. She was a pianist, and she was really good.... " I took a pause.

"Then, three years ago she got really sick and could only lay in bed. Two years ago she passed away and since then I hadn't really played, because it reminds me a lot of her and it's painful. So I don't tell people that I can play because I like for it to be a personal thing." I sighed.

"Oh, Emily. I'm really sorry... " She rubbed my back.

"I can understand why you want it to be personal but I don't think that playing the piano should be painful for you. You could try and see it as a way of being closer to her and remembering the good things."She gave me a warm smile.

"Yea, I guess."

"But thank you for telling me, I really appreciate that you felt like you could trust me." She gave me a side hug.

After this talk we were back at the stairs that led to the house.

Cal and Adrian were still outside by the pool talking about football or something. The big glass doors were open and inside Sofia was making dinner for us. They had put on some background jazz music and the little fairy lights were turned on.

"Hello guys, I like the little vibe that's around here." I said to the guys.

"Oh, perfect you both are back. Sof said that dinner will be ready soon and we can finally open the wine now that you're here." Adrian smiled.

"Perfecttt!" Miss said and we went inside.

I walked up to Sofie from the back and gave her a little hug.

"Ah, Em you are wett!" She chuckled and gave me a little push back.

I smiled and looked over her shoulder. "What will we have for dinner?"

"I made something basic, just rolling my last bach of sushi."

"Sof, that's not basic but okay." I laughed.

"I'll go change quickly and then we can eat and have some wine."

I went to my room, put on shorts and a black  tank top with a cream coloured cardigan.

I walked back out and everyone was already outside sitting down at the table and Sof was putting down a big plate of sushi.

"Em! Can you get the wine from the fridge!" Cal said loudly.

"On it!" I took out the wine bottle and opened it. I walked out to the table and poured it for everyone.

I sat down and we enjoyed our dinner under the stars, with a few candles and little lights, chill music in the background and laughter twirling around.

It was really nice.