chapter 6

Em's pov:

"Miss Williams, please stay. We need to have a word."

*Shit, shit, shit.*

Everyone had left the classroom and now it was just the two of us. I had no escape.

I came a bit closer to the teachers desk so we could have a normal conversation.

"Soo since when does a 20 year old go to high school?" Ann asked with anger.

"Look Ann, I'm so sorry for lying, I know it was really stupid of me." I said with an apologetic tone in my voice.

"Its Miss Thompson, you are my student over all." She strictly and rolled her eyes.

My heart clenched a bit hearing that sentence, it just took all my hopes away. But still I wanted to try.

"Come on, please let me make it up to you tonight at dinner." I looked deeply in her eyes trying to search for approval, but all I got was disappointed and a hint of anger.

"I can't believe you would suggest that! Emily, you are my student and we have to keep it professional." Her face held no emotions.

"Why, why!? We both like talking to each other." Now I was starting to feel desperate.

"That was before I found out you are a student of mine, and are you even of age!?"

"Yes! In a month and 17 days...." I looked down at the floor scared of what's gonna come next.

"Oh my-, I- I- I don't even know what to say." She breathed out and fell on her chair.

Loud silence filled the classroom for a moment until she spoke again.

"Emily, you are my student and I'm your teacher. We will have to keep this on a professional level and we won't talk except if it's about school. Got it? And you are going to call me Miss Thompson from now on." Our eyes met once again and I could see how serious she was.

"But-" I wasnt able to end my sentence because she interrupted me.

"No buts, these are the rules." She said looking away.

"I think you should leave now." She demanded, in a strict teacher's voice that I didn't really like.

I didn't say anything, I just ran out, I didn't look back, didn't care what was going on around me. I just had to get out as fast as I could.

I found myself still running halfway to my home. I felt  tears leaving my eyes and rolling down my cheeks as I felt the wind hitting my face. My head was pounding and I was out of breath (although it might be from the all the running I think it was from the fact that I was crying like crazy.)

I stopped running and sat down on a big rock. I took out my cigarettes and started smoking. I finally stopped crying and now I was just sitting there trying not to think about anything.

I don't know why I was acting like this, I hardly know this woman, but I'm already so attached to her.

                                       *

When I walked inside my home, I quickly took off my shoes and started walking to my room as fast as I could hoping my mom wouldn't see me. I knew my eyes we're puffy and my face was pretty red. And that would bring up questions that I wouldn't be able to answer.

Unfortunately my mom heard me coming in, but she was in the kitchen so she couldn't see me.

"Honey, is that you?" She yelled.