A Fantastic Start

I should have been worried. I should have been so worried.

I woke up the next day expecting everything to be the same. Well, not entirely. When I went down for breakfast I saw the front page of the Daily Bugle that Ben was reading.

'Mysterious criminal destroys block party' was written in bold across the front page. And right below it was a sketched picture of what they thought I looked at.

They got the eyes right, somewhat. But everything else looked like a demon from hell. My jacket looked like it made out of skips, and the last I checked I didn't have freaking claws man!

But I'll be honest, I was pretty damn happy with myself. People knew off me, but they didn't know me. The only thing they knew for sure was the symbol on jacket, people started calling me 'The Spider', pretty appropriate I would say,

at school Harry walked in with his head hung low and walking behind him was his father, Norman Osborn.

I was standing by my locker when I saw him spot me and smile. It was so fucking creepy. I knew how he looked, Peter had met him once before at harry's home back when they were still friends. The man was huge and one can only guess that underneath his suit he was covered with muscles.

I needed a plan to avoid him, or at the very least run away. But I couldn't, because he walking right up at me with Harry by his side. So I instead steeled my nerves and got ready for a confrontation. God help me.

He smiled at me, "Mr. Parker," he extended a hand to shake.

"Dr. Osborn," I replied shaking his hand, "I'm surprised to see you here."

The man raised an eyebrow at his title, "yes well, I came for a more personal matter, may we speak somewhere more private?"

I looked at Harry, he had his head down in embarrassment. I didn't know what was going on, best not to tick him off. I nodded and followed Norman out of the school. We began to walk around the block with Harry trailing behind us a good ten feet.

"I'll admit Peter, you surprised me, how did you know I had obtained a doctorate?"

"I was one of Harry's close friends a year back, I don't think you remember, I was curious so I looked you up. I was really impressed by your papr of mechanical muscle replacement surgery, really cutting edge stuff."

He raised an eyebrow, "you understood it?"

"Using a semi-liquid metal to replace injured or dysfunctioning muscles. The process will involve injecting the affected part with nanobots which will rework the system on a cellular level. But unfortunately you could never get the AI to work, the nanobots weren't smart enough."

Norman smiled, "very good Peter. I'm impressed."

Harry blinked, "what?" he asked in a defeated tone.

"Not now Harry," he dismissed him with a frown before turning back to me and smiling, "you are a bright young man aren't you? I heard from Harry that you are at the top of your class, is that true?"

I narrowed my eyes, he's not an idiot, he probably knew that. So why? Why butter me up? I'm already...oh...so that's why.

I chuckled, "tell me Dr. Osborn, why are you here?"

Norman chuckled, "straight to the point I see. Very well Peter, let's test that brain of yours. Why do you think I am here?"

"You're afraid I'll sue Harry for assaulting me last night," I said bluntly, Harry winced but I ignored him, "you are here to make sure I don't do that."