The Red Dawn

Life was fucking awesome. Spider-man was finally getting the good press he deserved. Since I was seen in public as an Avenger, people didn't even listen to what JJ said anymore.

I was going to respond, but then another man responded;

JKE_Ford: Tonight at 9 in the night I was held at gunpoint. Spider-man saved me. This 'vigilant' made sure I came back to my family tonight. Fuck you BugleJJJ.

And the best part? It was true, I had saved the man's life, it wasn't just a troll. The man had attached a picture of the arrest sheet the police issued on the mugger they arrested with the time and date!

And he wasn't the only. Every time someone came to call me out, people came out in the droves. They were like a tsunami, and the best part is they weren't trolls, they were real people, real honest to God people whose lives I touched in someway or another.

I had become a beacon for the people. 1.2 billion followers of Twitter wasn't something to scoff at, I literally had the ears of a billion people, the kind of power politicians killed for. But, I knew that with great power comes great responsibility.

I was on cloud nine, my life was perfect. I was a superhero who was actually appreciated, people actually had fan clubs of me! At work Sue and Reed were always asking my opinion on stuff, half the time I couldn't help, but I did what I could.

At home my aunt and uncle were happy I was finally coming out of my shell and into the real world. And unknown to them I was secretly paying off any new bill they got that was overdue. I had the bank simply state there was a filing error while I payed out my own salary.

The the summer break allowed me to become a hero full time. I swooped in and saved the day more times that I could count. Heck, I even had a favorite hot dog stand while in costume, and my constant patronship made the guy pretty famous for being, 'Spidey's favorite dog place'.

I interacted a lot more with people, stopping by and cracking jokes with old men in the park, sharing coffee with morning workers, challenging joggers for a race through Central Park, that kind of stuff.

I always took photos too, putting them on Insta, featuring my daily hero life for the whole world to see. I was kind of world famous now, each photo I post gaining nearly half a billion likes.

I was basically the hero of NY, after all Tony isn't here half the time and Cap is more like a national wide thing. Thor was...well, a God, Nat and Clint were spies, meaning I was the only one who gave the Avengers any public exposure. No pressure.

But it wasn't all just web swinging and games, I did spend a lot of time at the Baxter building as well. Reed and Sue has been pretty busy, him with inventing new toys and her with getting the patents and the keeping the cash flowing.

Johnny and I did what we could, but honestly, no one had a thing on Reed, that guy was a genius worthy of the name. Honestly though it was a little awkward, Sue and him weren't really...well, ever in a relationship.

Reed was trying, in his own way, but Sue just kept ignoring him. After some time the poor guy just gave up. I honestly didn't know when they were going to get married, but at this rate I don't see little Franklin coming around any time soon.

Good thing too, I have no interest in letting a little kid have the power to warp reality itself. Next thing I know I'll be stuck as a teenager forever! I mean seriously, I had just gotten my driving licence a few weeks ago, I don't need this shit!

But I did also have time for my own personal projects. More specifically my personal tech. I worked on the alien junk I stole from the alien invasion and began to research into it.