Re-spin the Webs

I woke up early the next day and walked down to find Peter and MJ already sitting at the dining table. MJ was fixing up a plate of pancakes while Peter read the newspaper.

I chuckled aloud gaining their attention. Peter raised an eyebrow, "what's so funny?"

"I never imagined I could ever do the whole perfect family thing," I smiled, "mom cooks breakfast while the dad reads the newspaper. Looks so perfect."

MJ smiled, "yeah, this is what your life's going to be one day."

"No offence, but no way," I shivered, "there's no way I would ever have that ugly goatee."

"What? You don't like the goatee?" Peter asked shocked.

"No, who are you trying to be? Tony Stark?" I scoffed, "now a full beard, that would be badass. Can you imagine it? Chicks would dig the beard!"

MJ chuckled as she leaned down and kissed Peter's cheek, "I prefer the goatee, that way I don't feel like I'm kissing a porcupine," Peter smiled winking at me.

I threw my hands up, "whatever. As far as I'm concerned this is version of my life that might not even happen."

"Why do you think that?" Peter asked.

"I've been thinking a lot about what you said last night. A greater responsibility. So, if I'm not going to be Spider-man, I honestly don't know what I should do," I replied sitting down.

Peter raised an eyebrow as he sighed and put his paper away. "Let me give you some ideas Pete, the future isn't set in stone, it never is. The world needs people like you in it, so, whatever you do, remember, with great power, comes great responsibility."

I snorted, "when did I get so sagely?"

Peter smiled, holding MJ's hand, "I think it was a few weeks after I met her"

MJ chuckled, "so are you saying all he needs is a good woman to set him straight?"

Peter chuckled, "maybe," he turned to me, "do you Peter?"

I looked away, a memory of Felicia in my head, "yeah, I did. Felicia Hardy."

MJ humned, "were you close?"

I shrugged, I took out my phone and showed the pic I took on our first date, "we were. She's was actually my best friend. We fought crime together, took classes together… I'm guessing you don't have the same relationship?"

Peter and MJ looked at the picture as the former shook his head, "no. I didn't meet her until I finished college and was few years into my superhero career. I stopped her trying to rob a jewelry store."

I chuckled, "same. And then when Felicia Hardy walked into my classroom the next day I knew that she was the Black Cat. And then shit happened, blah blah blah...what happened to your Felicia?"

Peter passed me the phone, "she married Flash and had a kid. But she-"

"-She what?!" I cried out, completely shocked. I did love May's stories, but I never did read them all, obviously I missed a few critical issues, "she married Flash Thompson?!"

MJ blinked, "yes?"

I gaped, "fuck me! How?! She married that moron?! That bullying pieces of shit?!"

Peter chuckled, "oh, right, I forgot, he still bullies you doesn't he?"

I scoffed, "he tries. I use big words to confuse him and so he kind of just stays away."

"Well Flash eventually becomes a very good friend," Peter explained as he sipped his coffee.