The Hydra Weapon

I looked down into the alley and saw three kids dressed in red and black beat up a small gang of thugs. I should jump in there and put a stop this, I know I should. But....I honestly didn't want to do that.

I leaned back into the shadows and watched as the three vigilantes fought valiantly. They wore a red and black tracksuit with a fabric mask that was stitched to resemble my own. Spray painted onto the middle of their track was a black spider similar to my own. And each were armed with jawbreakers, really putting the hurt onto the thugs.

Copy cats, they were more and more each day and each acted rasher than the ones before. At least these ones looked like they knew what they were doing.

I watched as they fought through the thugs, each wannabe had skill and some level of fighting skill. The thugs had weapons, and though at times it looked like I had to intervene, the copycats handled themselves pretty well.

"We don't need you people here!" the biggest copycat yelled out as he socked a thug across the jaw throwing his unconscious body into his friend's open arms, "spread the word, this place is protected by the Web Warriors!"

The thugs carried their unconscious and ran away, crying out for their lives. I watched as the 'Web Warriors' celebrated their victory, high fiving each other and cheering loudly. I sighed, guess it was time I showed myself.

"What do you think you're doing?" I asked out loud as I crawled down the side of a building.

"S-Spider-man?!" one cried out as they all turned to get a good look at me.

"Oh my God, it really is you," the giant leadr came forward looking like he just woke up and it was Christmas, "HI-I'm Chad sir, it's an honor to meet you."

I narrowed my eyes, "did you just tell me your real name?"

"We-well, yeah, I mean-"

"-Shut it," I hissed jumping off the wall and landing before them. They all gasped in awe my landing, but I ignored them, instead I focused on Chad, "never tell anyone you're real name. That is why you wear a mask in the first place."

"Yes sir," he nodded quickly.

"And don't call me sir," I spat looking at them, "I saw what you did...impressive."

"Alright!" they cheered.

"Which is why I'm giving you all one chance, drop the vigilante shit and go home," I warned them, "this isn't the world you want to see yourself in, trust me."

"W-what do you mean?! You said it yourself, we did great tonight!" Chad argued.

"If you're going to fight crime that's fine," I shot a web line onto the roof, "but don't do it in my name or wearing my symbol. I won't have your fucking deaths on my hands."

"What gives you the right?!" Chad asked sounding betrayed.

I looked at him, "simple, I'm not wearing hockey pads. Get a new name, and a new symbol," I leaped into the air and swung away leaving the gang of copy cats looking pissed and confused.

I knew I should have told them to stop fighting crime all together, but if I did that I would be nothing more than a hypocrypt. They were adults, well some of them look like they are adults. They can make their own choices, I just didn't want them dying trying to act like me.

I swung around the city for a while, I found a few muggings to stop and one car chase near Harlem. But after a while it began to get late, I was about to go home when I noticed something flying through the sky, coming right at me.

I recognized him right away, I leaped onto the building roof and landed in waiting for Tony to catch up.

He slowly however before me in what looked like a brand new suit. It looked bigger and redder than all the others. I whistled, "damn Tony, nice suit."