- 𝐜hapter two

BRONX, NY JAISHA RIVERA▃▃▃▃▃

BRONX, NY
JAISHA RIVERA
▃▃▃▃▃

I watched as two students fought in the school hallway, ghetto ass school.. I watched as both the girls pulled each others hair.

Man these hoes can't fight... "BEAT HA ASS CALI!" A random girl yelled, I looked around as no teachers broke it up.

The girls was now tussling on the floor like some hooligans. I decided to leave the sence and go to lunch. Im not finna loose my lunch time for some bitches that can't fight.

I pushed my way through the crowd to the lunch room. I went over to the school vending machine and got me some candy and chips.

And picked up one of the cold waters. I sat by my self and put my AirPods in my ear watching tiktok as I ate my 'lunch' peacefully.

"Yo jai, why yeen eating with us?" Camrin asked, camrin was a sophomore that goes by cblu. He was in my 3rd period which was a shared juniors and sophomore class.

"Cause ion want too? I don't know y'all like that, and from what it looks like y'all ain't friendly." I said,

"yu right, we ain finna be nice to a bit- female we just met." He said "true but I'm good where I'm at, thank you." I smiled.

"Layla want you to come sit with us doe." He said, "oh well, uhh.." i said thinking if i wanted to go sit with them.

"I guess so, only cause laylas there." I said getting up. "Hey girl, why you was sitting by yourself?" Layla asked.

"I don't know foreal." I laughed, "ha ass needa get goin." The red headed girl mumbled, "why so rude?" I asked, "jai chill.." layla patted me.

"I am chilling, she's being so rude for no reason, if you have a problem with me sitting here I'll most definitely leave. So let me know." I said getting a little loud.

"Hey ma." Terrell said scaring me, "uhh, it's you.." i rolled my eyes. "Shawty dont think cause yhu friends with the gang bangers you can disrespect me." Terrell said.

"I don't even know you!" I laughed, "yeah you can get ta know me doe." Terrell smirked. "Terrell getcho ass away from her. She don't want chu you so thirsty" Kevin said.

Ash mugged the fuck out of Kevin. Ohhh so that's the ash he was talking about. I thought.
"I'll talk to yo fine ass later." Terrell smirked at me.

"Ew.." i mumbled as he walked away. "Kevin what's wrong witchu?!" Ash asked him, "nun, im chillin." He nonchalantly said.

I just watched tiktok, as everybody talked, and nas aka Layla's boyfriend was here so she was occupied and I had nobody to talk too.

The bell rung and it was time for 6th period, i had this class with Kevin. He was a little mean to me which scared me a bit.

Me and him didn't talk at all, like never. And for some reason he would always mug me for no reason at all.

"Okay class settle down." Mr Clark shouted a bit. "We have a project. And this includes partners. You will have to build a mini space ship. This is due in two weeks." Mr Clark said.

"Partners are on the board."

I looked around seeing my name beside Kevin's, great. I thought before walking up to him.

"Whatchu want?" He questioned, "you my partner so we have to work together. And I need this grade or no hot girl summer for me." I said.

He blinked five times, "I don't care." Oh he's sassy..I thought. "What you mean? I care I need this grade, and I'm sure your dum—smart ass need it too."

"Aight." He said nonchalantly.

"Here's my number, so you can text me so we can work on this together." I handed him a sticky note with my number.

"Alright. Can i go to sleep now?" He asked, "no, we need to figure out how this space ship is gonna look like." I said.
coo
"Jaysha whatever yo name is, a nigga don't feel like it right now, I'll text yhu and we can figure dis out I'm tired as hell. Last thing I'm worrying bout is a cardboard space ship." Kevin said.

"Oh okay..." i said,

It was now the end of the day, I saw ash, Kevin and layla and the rest of their friends over by Kevin's car. I walked over to them

"Okay kevin, remember to text me, I will buy the supplies and stuff." I said, "youn gotta worry bout dat" he said

"It's fine I'll do it. I actually know what to get." I said, "bye layla," i said,

"Bye jaishaaa, ima see you tomorrow??" She questioned. "You know it!" I yelled as I ran to my car.

OMNISCIENT

Open arms by sza played as jaisha gathered all of the supplies on her bedroom floor and bed, "shit!" Jaisha mumbled, there wasn't enough cardboard pieces.

She picked her phone up, calling Kevin, "hello?" Kevin's deep voice said on the other line. "Hey Kevin, sorry to bother but can you run by the deli and get uhh two cardboard boxes??" She asked.

"Yeah i gotchu" he said, "oh and are you on the way?" She asked, "yeah" he said. "Okay by—" she was cut off by him hanging up in her face.

"This bitch." She mumbled, she decided to take a break from box cutting, and made some tiktoks. "Jaisha! Somebody here for you!" Her step dad James yelled.

"Gimme a sec!" She shouted back. "Hey, did you get it?" She asked letting Kevin in, "yeah, here" he picked it up.

"Thank you, I appreciate it" she smiled, "ya crib nice asl" Kevin stated as he walked behind jaisha up the stairs,

"Thank you" she said walking to her room.

"Okay so can you cut these boxes? I already lined them so yeah" she said as she handed him the box.

"Aight" Kevin said cutting the boxes.

After two hours they finished cutting all the boxes, her room was a mess. "My room bro" she looked around.

"Yhu need help cleaning?" He asked, "if you don't mind." She said, "I gotchu." He said getting up.

"Thank you Kevin, I appreciate it, and I appreciate you helping me clean my room." She smiled.

"No problem." He said respectfully.
Maybe he isn't so bad.. she thought "alrigh uhm, do you need a ride home or so?" She asked.

"Nah i got ma own car" he said, "oh okay," she said. "Bye lil jit" Kevin chuckled leaving the house.