X| Silverstone

"You barely know me."

Silverstone was busy

Silverstone was loud.

Silverstone was everything that Mira expected it to be and she made sure that Esme knew that. Not that it mattered, she was there now and there was no escaping it. At the moment, Mira was managing to hold in showing her anxiety but she wasn't sure how long that was going to last.

"You good?" Lando asked Mira as they walked towards McLaren Hospitality.

"At the moment," Mira replied honestly as she rubbed her arm,"Sorry, I'm not exactly used to these kinds of places."

"That's okay," Lando replied with a smile.

"I see Carlos," Esme added, pointing to McLaren hospitality.

"Oo okay!" Lando clapped. "C'mon Mira, you're gonna love Carlos!"

Lando had to stop twice on the way to the hospitality building for phones so Mira kept her head down and continued to follow Esme while he did so. She was already getting overwhelmed, the last thing she needed was pictures or getting in the way of Lando.

"Carlos, this is Mira!" Lando introduced. "Mira, Carlos."

"Hola, Mira!" Carlos greeted,"Lando has told me lots about you!"

"He did?" Mira turned to Lando with a confused look. "Good things?"

"Of course!" Carlos replied cheerfully.

"Well, nice to meet you," Mira smiled, even though Carlos couldn't see. "How do you put up with Lando?"

"Oi—"

"He is very annoying," Carlos joked. "Very immature."

"Carlos is lying," Lando stated, crossing his arms. "He's just mad because I win all of the challenges were do—"

"Now, we both know that's not true , Lando," Esme commented as she joined the group

Esme had previously gone to talk to one of the other media employees, not wanting to get in Mira's way much when she knew her friend was safe in the paddock and, more importantly, with Lando and Carlos.

"Thank you, Esme!" Carlos clapped. "I will invite you to every race to defend my honour."

"Sadly for you, I have work to do, Carlos," Esme replied kindly while shaking her head. "I'd have to persuade them to move me to travelling media but then who would look after Mira."

"I'm not a child," Mira glared at her.

"Never said you were," Esme laughed.

"You implied it— and I guess it's not exactly false but still!"

Carlos laughed as she looked between the two of them. He didn't know anything about Mira other than what Lando had told him; she was a gamer professionally, did well on twitch, had a cute cat and was incredibly kind.