LV| Collide

"It wasn't your fault Lando."

Before she knew it, Mira was back on a plane to Hungary for the next race

Before she knew it, Mira was back on a plane to Hungary for the next race. She had gotten used to it by now and she felt blessed by the fact her daughter liked planes, or it would have been a very different story. 

The weekend so far had been pleasant and as race day approached, Mira got the buzzy feeling she ever did as she waited for Lando to get in the car. She loved seeing him race, even if it filled her with overbearing nerves.

"Hey Mira!" Daniel greeted as usual. "Hey Lily monster."

"Hi, Hi," Lily waved. "Up?"

"Sure," Daniel beamed, picking up the little girl. "Have you been good for your mummy?"

Lily nodded, too busy trying to reach up to mess with Daniel's hands. Being used to it, the Australian simply dipped his head so Lily could run her hands through the brown curls. Mira shook her head with a laugh.

"How was the week alone with her?" Daniel questioned. "It was weird not having you in the garage."

"It was calm, surprisingly," Mira nodded. "She's made quite the Lego and car collection."

"Oh she likes lego?" Daniel repeated with a grin. "We can arrange for a lego present for you, how does that sound Lily?"

Lily nodded, still more interested in his hair.

"Oi, why are you kidnapping my child?" Lando's voice echoed as he entered the garage.

"I'm her favourite," Daniel joked,"Max and I are going to teach her how to say Ki Ki ey ey ey raaa—"

"No, absolutely not!" Lando shook her head. "Nope."

"Yes—"

"Don't fight, you have a race to complete," Mira sang as she took Lily from Daniel's arms.

"Yeah, yeah," Lando rolled his eyes.

"Good Luck," Mira smiled.

Lando kissed Mira and kissed Lily on the head before heading out to the grid. 

The first part of the race went smoothly and Mira kept a watchful eye on the screen while listening to the radio too, something she was thankful for when she in the garage vs at home. She liked hearing Lando voice and making sure he was okay, even though she knew he was.

She sat with the mechanics and Marissa with Lily on her lap, something she did most of the time. The mechanics didn't mind, they quite liked having her around and they always made a big fuss out of Lily.

Mira wasn't sure what lap it was when the breath was caught in her throat.

All she could pay attention to was the Mercedes of Robyn Saunders spinning out of control, and other drivers getting caught in the fray...including Lando. Lando was caught in the worse of it with his wheel colliding with Robyn's, forcing Robyn's car to roll over just as Zhou did in Silverstone, and Lando's car to spin into the gravel.