LXV| I put a ring on it

"It's us and our weirdness against the world, right?"

Mira Atkinson thought that her life couldn't get any happier and then the night before happened

Everything in her life made so much sense and she felt such an overwhelming feeling of accomplishment that she wanted to scream at the top of her lungs from the mountains of Monaco. 

Screw her foster parents for telling her she wasn't worth the air she breathed.
Screw her biological parents for hating her from the moment she'd been born.
Screw her school teachers that told her she'd never be smart enough to get a job.
Screw the world for thinking being autistic meant she was defective.

She was still here and she liked to think she was making an impression on people's lives; she liked to think she was helping kids grow up with the dream that they could be anything they wanted as long as they had the right support or the adults that had struggled all their childhood for no reason to find a life worth living.

Mira did not believe in a religion but she thanked the stars every day that she made it to this point in her life.

"Mira, you awake, babe?"

Mira opened her eyes and peered up at the man that had his arms wrapped around her. He'd never call her babe but Mira quite liked the change.

"I am now," Mira whispered. "Hi."

"Hi," Lando smiled, kissing her head.

"I don't want to get up," Mira replied honestly.

"Me neither but we're meeting a bunch of people for Robyn's birthday," Lando replied.

"Okay, I'm getting up."

That was right. Mira had stepped out of her comfort zone and agreed to go to Robyn's breakfast 'party' that a bunch of the grid and her friends were going to for a birthday celebration. Mira didn't know everyone there.

There would be members of the grid: Daniel, Max, Carlos, Mikc, Nicolas, Esteban, Zhou, Lance, Alex and George. There was also Seb, Lewis, Checo, Valterri, Alonso and Kevin.

There would also be Robyn's brother Oliver, his wife Corrine, Robyn's sister Ashley and Ashley's girlfriend Dove Cameron. 

Along with a special guest appearance from Kimi Räikkönen, his wife Minttu and their two younger kids, Robin and Rianna...along with his elder daughter Anneli Räikkönen who raced in F2. Mira was quite nervous to be around Kimi if she was honest.

It was crazy to Mira how quickly people got into their groups without thinking about it. Such as Max, Alex, and George. Then Lance, Zhou, Esteban, Nicolas and Mick chatted at the end of the table while Yuki and Pierre joked around with Carlos and Daniel, along with Ashley and Dove, surprisingly. Surrounding the Räikkönen family were Sebastian, Lewis, Checo, Valterri, Alonso and Kevin.