XVi| Lovesick

"I was hoping you'd say that eventually."

Mira assumed that she would be okay

She did it every time, like a cycle of emotions. She would convince herself and everyone around her that she was fully capable of doing something first time with no help, she would try to do the thing and realise she could do it with help, and then she would realise her brain wouldn't let her ask for help...leaving her in the same place every time...crying and wanting to no longer be alone.

It wasn't that she was incapable, she wasn't. She just underestimated the amount of time it would take us to get used to said thing.

Such as living alone.

At first, Mira was doing okay. She had managed to cook herself food for the first time in her new kitchen and began to sort out what she was going to do with her garden. Then, bit by bit, she unpacked her things into the newly painted rooms. She's managed to get her room fully decorated alone, fueled by her perfectionist attitude and love for a specific organisation.

Hilarious, considering she still struggled to wash her own dishes.

She knew what started the panic attack and she still didn't know how to get rid of it. Being alone in the house, particularly the bathroom she had been in when it hit her all at once, reminded her of the time she would be logged in there when her foster father couldn't handle her stemming or because she was crying over the fact he threw away her comfort teddy.

Part of her wanted to laugh and remind herself that she was worth more than her foster parent by almost 10x, by not only value but pure cash. A lot of people would disagree, and tell her to forgive and forget, but those people traumatised her beyond belief as a child. At a time when she didn't understand the world, they refused to help.

"Mira?" A voice called. "Mira? It's Lando and Max. Um, you didn't stream tonight and Max said you've haven't missed one in three years...You haven't picked up to Esme but she's in Scotland...so we've come to check on you."

Ah yes, Esme had run off to Scotland for the weekend with a love interest she'd met at work. Apparently, he lived their and knew Esme wanted to go. Then again, Mira didn't really know how long her friend had been flirting with the guy.

Wait. Lando Norris was in her house?!

No. He was outside by the front door with Max Fewtrell. The bathroom she was in was by the front door and she had her window open.

"She's obviously not here," Max commented. "We can't just break in, Lando."

"Something is not right, i'm telling you," Lando insisted. "You don't know Mira."

"Neither do you, you've known her what, two months?"

"Four and half actually," Lando corrected,"And we speak nearly every day so sod off."