Xii| Max

"He's too annoying to live with."

Since Silverstone, Mira felt like she had fallen into a black hole

She was never going to get out of the whirlpool of what being associated with Lando Norris did. Truth be told, she wasn't sure if she wanted to but she would like to be seen for who she was. He was so intoxicating, admittedly, but his fans were on another level. They were invested in his every move and it scared Mira to think people did that to her. She knew they did because she read her comments but she was still behind the safety of the screen.

It meant that Mira also felt that she needed to watch what she was saying because people would use it against her...but Mira didn't have that natural ability like everyone else did. She had to put more effort into it and she didn't understand why she needed to.

She knew that she worried too much about everything. It was just how she was and she was used to that, as sad as it may seem to others.

One thing she did miss was having Esme around as much. While she did perfectly fine when she had a job before and wasn't around, having her there 24/7 for over three months took a toll on her.

It loomed over Mira, on a regular basis, that she didn't have many true friends. She'd have the people she streamed with and Esme but who else was there? Maybe Lando's idea of a gaming company could actually work in Mira's favour.

"Loki!" Mira called,"We're going on a walk, buddy. Where did you go?"

Mira heard a small meow coming from the kitchen, only to find Loki sat on the counter trying to catch the bird that sat outside the window. Laughing, the blonde woman picked up her cat so she could place his harness on him. He was getting used to his daily walk now and sometimes vocalised that he wanted to go out.

"Let's hope the park is quiet," Mira mumbled.

It was the middle of the day so the park was nearly empty.

"Hey, Mira! See Max, I told you she'd be here—"

"Fine, I—"

Mira grinned as she saw the familiar face, matching the overexcited voice. Admittedly, Lando was slightly childlike in nature but Mira appreciated that compared to the harshness of people.

"Lando? Hey," Mira smiled, allowing Loki to run over to the brunette.

Within seconds, it was obvious that the stranger with Lando loved cats just as much as the Mclaren race did. Loki adored the attention as well, purring as he weaved around their legs.

"Are you stalking me?" The blonde woman joked.

"No!" Lando shook his head. "You're just always here at this time and though I'd introduce you two before I leave next week."

"Oh," Mira took a moment to absorb the information. "I don't keep up with the schedule, I forgot you race next week. I've been busy with E-racing qualifying and things."