LX| Golf whisperer

"Max will probably still win next year."

With the Pro-Championship starting soon, Mira was spending daily time on sim while Lando was home and able to watch Lily

With the Pro-Championship starting soon, Mira was spending daily time on sim while Lando was home and able to watch Lily. Luke had also been spending a lot of time with them so he'd been able to watch her as well.

After Monza, Lando stuck to his word and flew Mira to San Francisco to watch the Twenty One Pilots concert, something that put her in a great mood for the next week before the stress from her career came back for the winter period.

Mira was pretty sure she had fainted went she was introduced to Josh Dun and Tyler Joseph, which was ironic since she knew her fans would likely have the same feeling. They were all human but Mira had turned into a fan girl that day. 

She was positive she had died and gone to heaven when they exchanged Instagrams.

Lando found it hilarious but he'd never tell Mira that because he knew how important this was for her to meet people she'd been following for years. She got so bubbly and nervous all at the same time when she was meeting people for the first time.

Since Lando had taken her to America just for that, Mira couldn't say no when he'd asked if she wanted to go and play golf with him and Robyn. The odd thing about Mira was that she didn't really like golf but Lando had always claimed she was good at it. Even so, they weren't going to take it very seriously since Robyn wasn't a massive fan of golf either.

"So your parents have been fine with Lily and everything?" Robyn questioned Lando curiously.

"Oh yeah, they love her!" Lando nodded. "Really obsessed, keep buying her all sorts of things and offering to babysit for us."

"They were a little worried at first," Mira admitted. "But they treat her like their grandchild...well, she is now, even if not by blood."

"That's great!" Robyn beamed.

"My dad brought up the possibility of if she wants to start karting when she's old enough," Lando pouted. "I don't know if I want her to if I'm honest. I loved it but it's a lot and she's so small and—"

"We'll let her do it if she wants, Lan," Mira interrupted. "I'm not letting her near a go-kart until she's at least five. Otherwise, why shouldn't she?"

"He's a worried dad now," Robyn chuckled.

"Damn right!" Lando clapped. "Listen, I'm just worried that she'll see me doing it and think it's fun to follow me...I don't want her to do it just because of me."

Ah yes, the karting conversation had come up a few times in the past few weeks as Lily became more obsessed with watching it. Mira wanted to make sure that she was old enough to make that decision and it wasn't just a short-term hyperfocus. If she was serious about doing it when she was old enough...having a hyperfocus be the same as your job was an incredibly useful thing and you could relay information so much more easily.

Mira was 100% sure that she could relay the plot of every marvel movie, series and important character quote... to tell you about the lore and what aspects connected. To someone on the outside, it was a little bit obsessive but for Mira, it was just life.

"I don't think so," Robyn shrugged. "Besides, you've still got a couple of years for her to decide. You shouldn't be so worried about it."

"Exactly!" Mira emphasised. "Thank you."

Mira took a moment to focus on hitting the ball with far more precision than Robyn had. Lando had warned Robyn that Mira had quite the eye for distances and calculations despite the fact Mira never seemed to realise.

"You need to visit our Monaco home still!" Mira insisted. "We've finished decorating completely. Loki and Thor are dying to meet you, my cats are my other children."

"I thought you only had one cat?" Robyn questioned.

"I got Thor last year. Loki is still my first baby, he's getting older now but Thor is still barely an adult," Mira answered.

"I'd love to visit them," Robyn agreed. "We'll have plenty of time over winter, I'm sure."

Mira nodded as she thought about the fact her cats would soon be back to happily living with her like she wanted them to. She'd already started making sure Lily understood that cats had boundaries just like people did, she'd been good so far with it.

"How are things with Charles?" Mira whispered.

"Great," Robyn nodded. "He's so sweet, Mira. Everything he does is just so perfect, I don't get how some can be like that."

"Don't complain," Mira winked.

"Oh I'm not," Robyn returned the smirk.

"Stop gossiping!" Lando complained. "You forget that it's my friend you've both referring to—"

"Shush, Lando, we mean no harm," Mira patted his chest. "Bryn was nice enough to play golf with you so be nice."

"I'm always nice!"

Mira laughed as they arrived at the next location, clambering out of the golf cart with their things. She just knew that Lando and Robyn were likely trouble makers when they were younger, having karted together.

"I heard about you signing with Mercedes too, congrats!" Lando grinned. "No FIA issues?"

"Nothing illegal about anything," Robyn shrugged. "But yeah, I'm glad to finally have the contract. George is a good teammate and Mercedes is great."

"More opportunities for me to beat you then," Lando winked.

"You know it." Robyn agreed.

"I have a good feeling about next year," said Mira, patting Lando's shoulder. "Podiums!"

"I hope so," Lando snorted. "Robyn keeps stealing them from me. It's annoying."

"Hey, I like breaking history books," Robyn winked. "How about...if we get on the podium together next year, we'll go on a full rave. Gosh, if it's Silverstone, I'll throw the best party ever."

"Max will probably still win next year," Lando shrugged.

"Max, me and you at Silverstone then," Robyn predicted.

"What do I get from you if I get a podium at Silverstone next year?" Lando whispered in Mira's ear, arms around his waist, as Robyn took her place by the golf ball.

"I know what you're insinuating, Norris." Mira whispered back. "Don't talk as if you don't get it anyway...what makes Silverstone any different?"

Lando smirked, kissing her cheek.

"The win."