C-2:Screws loose

Is being different, wrong? I suppose that simply depends on what is the context being it. Maybe you are different in a subjectively good way or maybe so in a bad way, based on societal standards of course. I wished to learn that very societal standard, what was acceptable and what wasn't and then push it to the limits if I get the opportunity.

Right now I am simply watching the zero pointer being launched on the ground. Many of them scurried from the location as I noticed that this robot being dropped caused a lot of debris to form, if I am not wrong someone might get trapped there. Should I help? Will that get me a hero license? I wonder, aren't the candidates here strong enough already? Why should I even meddle in this? I am supposed to live a quiet life as I get my hero license.

But, if it puts me in a positive light, without harming me I suppose I can check it out. While panic was set in the air, I started walking and manoeuvring through the debris trying to locate any victims. The dust had set in as it clouded my visibility. The girl with the headphones shoved me screaming, "Dude why aren't you runnin?"

"Oh, it's you. I suppose I just want to check something out."

"You are insane alright?" She looked shocked but that didn't stop her from running away. I kept walking slowly watching the various reactions to the fear that had set in, some were panicking some were in shock and others were running away.

They were certainly acting better than normal civilians in danger but still, the primal instinct of running away has been a driving force in all of them scurrying away. Fear had protected many organisms throughout different eras and I can understand it's a requirement. But given that it's the Hero course, submitting to fear when it's clearly a controlled area is quite unwise. However, who am I to judge, I am not anyone deserving to be a hero in the first place.

I seemed to have found someone, which was again that green-haired boy. He was crying and grovelling on the ground as he seemed to be in utter despair. The Whiteroom had many such specimens. Every time someone failed a task and were to be removed, the sheer grief and desire to do better at that moment when your life flashes in front of your eyes, is the highest potential anyone can reach. So can this boy do the same? Let's test it, I am curious to how he would react.

"Hey, I think you should get up."

"H-HUH? O-Oh it's y-you! P-Please r-run away it's-s not sa-afe here." He pleaded with watery eyes and snot running down his face, he looked quite pathetic but ironically his words were full of compassion and care for others even when he is such a coward. Quite the subject I have found. I spoke up, hoping my hypothesis was right, "Look there, your friend isn't she? She is trapped and what you are doing now, isn't worthy of a hero at all."

I spoke with slight coldness hidden in my nonchalance as I walked over hoping he would do something for me to witness, I grabbed onto the girl by her torso as I said, "Take a deep inhale as I pull you out." She simply nodded in fear and using my other hand I pushed up the stone just enough for me to get her leg removed from under the boulder.

Now the question was, whether I should princess carry her or simply carry her like a backpack. I suppose it would be indecent to do the latter so I hunched down and carried her with my hands on her back and below her knees. I looked up and as expected, it went as planned. I knew very well that my ice spear wouldn't last long enough for me to climb up to this behemoth. So the only other way was to use someone else instead.