C17:A teacher

'Coming at you live from Times YC news, the latest updates of the UA High situations are as follows Ladies and gentlemen, 71 villains have been arrested and one died in this incident. The aftermath of this ended up getting 24x News under legal trouble and temporarily suspending all their broadcasts....'

The broadcast of the TV rang in my ears as the cafe kept brimming with customers. I worked at a small yet popular cafe just opposite UA High. The workload wasn't stressful and the timings were ideal to not clash with my class schedule. However, the major issue was the minimal wage I earned, 1000 yen an hour.

My hands worked autonomously churning out orders from a simple shot of expresso to something as complicated as...

"Heyyyaa.....2/3 caff triple ristretto affogato venti, 2 pump mango 1 pump classic, 2%, mango to the second line, 3 scoops protein, 3 scoops berries, 2 scoop matcha, add banana, double blended, with a whip, caramel drizzle, salted caramel topping, vanilla bean frappuccino pleaseeee....and make it quick Ayano" The voice was of a bubbly girl similar to my age and a regular at our cafe, Camie Utsushimi.

A girl, who was a troublemaker but
quite bubbly and cheerful usually lightened up the entire atmosphere tended to mess with me for some reason, from exaggerated orders to jokes that would make no sense.

"Just psyched for my drink dude!" She gave a flirtatious smile as I ringed her up. She walks up and leans over, too close for comfort.

"Ya....know..us Shiketshu peeps learned about what happened. Gosh I was so heckin' worried for ya.I was totes gonna faint when I realised ya go to UA High too."

This is the first time I heard that she was a student like me. Why did she join Shiketshu though? Did she get disqualified from the UA high entrance test?

Her rose-scented fawn-coloured hair tingled my nostrils as I stepped back and focused on her crystal brown eyes.

"I see, customer," I say with a stoic tone not wanting to tangle myself with her. Her bubbly personality was oil to my water.

"Didn't I tell ya?... Call me...Camie fam!" She pouted as the ends of her pink-hued lips puckered up.

"Yes Camie, I am a staff member at the moment," I say as I look behind her to find any customers.

It seems the other staff members thought something was going on as they catered to every customer in my line.

Why do they have to do this?

"K...k.....just wanted to check up on ya. Seems you are totes okayyyy!"

She smiled with a relieved expression as she took her order and pushed the cafe's door open.