C14:Haunting Hallows

Pain, a relentless companion, possesses the vexing ability to consume one's attention and amplify its presence. It manifests itself in myriad forms, each unique to the individual experiencing its unwelcome embrace. Here, Shigaraki expresses his pain by shrieking and cursing, while Aizawa's twisted expressions reveal his discomfort. However, what caught my attention was how Shigaraki's pain swiftly and openly stripped away his rationality, leaving him in a state of confusion.

With deliberate intent, I exerted a measured force, incrementally pulling Shigaraki's thumb backwards, testing the limits of his resistance. Whether or not I will make his quirk useless, was his choice. I had planned this very situation out, based on whatever interactions Shigaraki had with Aizawa-sensei. Shigaraki had proven cunning enough to shield himself from Aizawa's quirk, he was very narrow-minded and only fixated solely on the proclaimed "boss" of this game, neglecting the significance of the so-called "extras." It was this very tunnel vision that led him to overlook the thorough examination of the students prior to this attack. To be put aptly, the way to win in this situation was to use this very lack of preparation.

The Nomu, without his command, stayed still focusing on Midoriya. While Kurogiri, who was blocking out Aizawa-sensei's quirk, wouldn't move if he was logical. If he did move, Aizawa-sensei's quirk would immediately stop Shigaraki's quirk making it completely safe for me to snap his fingers completely without any caution. The officials had already cleared the field of the villains in close proximity. Hence at this very moment, this was a stalemate.

But would it be for long? Not at all, Shigaraki's pain threshold would soon reach it's limit. And he would definitely, give out the orders for the Nomu to focus on me instead. At that moment, Midoriya would be free to bring Aizawa-sensei out of his blackout chamber.

It's intriguing to observe Shigaraki's mindset. Despite his obvious pain, he didn't seem afraid of losing his quirk. This suggests that he must have had a strong belief that his fingers could be healed. Could it be that his team includes a member with exceptional healing abilities, similar to our school nurse? This possibility raises compelling questions that warrant further investigation. Once this situation concludes, it would be prudent to inquire about this matter to uncover the truth.

"Shigaraki, don't fret. I won't break your finger but I do believe it would be in your best interest to gracefully exit this scene. You see, All-Might, your grand adversary, is nowhere to be found. Imagine the bitter irony of losing your precious quirk without even having the pleasure of facing your rival. Quite the pitiful sight, wouldn't you agree? Now, do take a moment to let that sink in."

I calmly explained my side of things, which he seemed to wrap his head around.

"Argh yah, whatever you freak! NOMU KILL THIS SIDE PIECE!!"

Upon further consideration, it seems I had a partial understanding of the situation. Shigaraki, in his own way, has accepted the idea I proposed and is now considering using the Nomu to escape without losing face. This revelation points to the fact that Shigaraki possesses an incredibly strong ego. People with big egos are often easier to manipulate. In social settings, it's advised to boost their ego in the desired direction to keep them under control. However, if you truly want to break someone like Shigaraki, you have to dominate them visibly and substantially, right before their eyes.