C15: Sheep in Wolf's Clothing

Heroism knows no immunity to failure

AllMight POV-

As I watched the scene unfold before me, a fact that my mentor had tirelessly drilled into my consciousness resurfaced with a haunting persistence. The weight of my failure as a mentor settled heavily upon my shoulders. I had faltered in my duty to be there for my students. Every cry for help-I had arrogantly believed I could shoulder them all, yet I was tragically shortsighted. The fault was mine to bear. If only I had humbly entrusted the task to other heroes if only I had seen beyond my own ego and vanity, perhaps the course of events would have unfolded differently, things would be different. Nedzu-san was bitterly right.

My students, wouldn't suffer this and neither would my fellow colleagues. However, it wasn't the time to wallow in my own failures, considering there were plenty. Putting on a bright smile, eliminating the scowl. For I understood that my purpose was to be a beacon of peace, to shine brightly in the darkest of times, and to never waver in my unwavering commitment to serve.

I am All-Might.

"FRET NOT CHILDREN! FOR I, HAVE APPEARED!!!"

Usually, I was met with hopeful and tragic eyes, as their last bit of rope pulled them out of the pits of despair. However, it didn't seem to be the case this time. On one side, there were those who jumped with unbridled joy, their hearts alight with a newfound flame of victory who were tending to the fallen heroes who screamed my name in joy, the ones near the set of villains didn't seem fazed by my arrival.

Their eyes focused on the villains. I knew what those eyes meant. Every time, life is at stake and every time I had to fight tooth and nail, to be certain that I won't harm anyone, that expression flashed in my eyes as well. Eyes of fear for their own lives mixed with the confidence of being able to protect the ones around them, were visible in them. It was genuine teamwork and strategy at display there. The students had split up and faced each of the villains separately.

"Take the children to safety and make sure to keep a safe distance." It was a lesson learned through a painful experience. As my extraordinary quirk surged with explosive power, I struggled to control it, paying little heed to the consequences. A grave mistake, indeed, for it resulted in devastation all around when I clashed with Feedback. This adversary possessed the unsettling quirk to absorb and redirect the energy of my quirk. The collision of two formidable offensive quirks led to dire consequences for the surrounding buildings.

Once, a vibrant park dotted with cheerful houses thrived in the area. But after our fierce confrontation, all that remained was a desolate land. No one held me accountable, given my esteemed position as a hero. Yet, I couldn't escape the weight of responsibility. Though I had protected the people, I had failed to safeguard their very means of living.