C-10:Discrepencies of Daily Life

"Good morning Ayanokouji." A small smile graced the face of Momo as she greeted me after I separated from Midoriya giving a customary wave.

"Good morning as well Momo." saying so I sat down on my seat trying to avoid further conversations. Momo naturally understood my aloof nature quite well, which must be given. High-class children often attend parties to maintain a brand image of sorts. Hence having a thorough understanding of a person's psyche is a must for such people.

Of course, in this situation it made me realise why she was still in conversation with me. She had lost to me and I was quirkless. After such instances, it would be unlikely for her to even talk to me. Yet she did. While I might be overthinking this, either it can be her inherent mannerisms or maybe she finds the fact of me being unreadable fascinating enough to dampen her negative emotions.

I wouldn't know about the truth, yet pondering about it gave me a sense of satisfaction which was mild yet present. I turned to face her but she diligently took out a notebook referring to what seems her daily schedule. I turned to watch the scenario in front of me, a bustling class filled with noisy kids.

It seems Bakugou wasn't done giving Midoriya side eyes and grunts while Midoriya himself seemed involved in being flustered by Uraraka's smile. Iida took over the role of leadership quite well. Doing such strenuous stuff without any recognition always was above me. But I simply admired his diligence.

Gazing at the strange group that Mineta, my ex-partner, formed with that boy with a bold and eccentric lightning-esque hairstyle called Kaminari and the red-haired boy, Kirishima; I realised that this group was silent yet quite observant. Their eyes mostly Mineta and Kaminari seemed to notice every single movement made by the girls in the class.

While I was impartial about staring at everyone, it seems they fancied the opposite gender more.

Then there was the majority of the noise, like a steady sound of bees, coming from a small crowd of girls in which even Jiro was involved, albeit she looked a bit uncomfortable. The centre though, was the bubbly pink-hued girl, Ashido. She radiated a certain charm which attracted everyone, which made me quite envious I suppose or maybe it was admiration, I couldn't tell.

I definitely noticed certain odd stares and caution around me when I had entered the class. It was reasonable as most weren't particularly used to having a quirkless person near them. It wasn't out of bad intentions per se but more out of awkwardness and lack of ability to talk to someone different from them.

But the reason was either, they wanted to simply avoid me in fear of being ostracised or didn't want to say something insensitive out of negligence. They were going to be heroes, and ruining their image by being tactless in front of their future colleagues would be a bad tradeoff from a social standpoint.

I pondered such things as my train of thought was broken by a tired huff from Aizawa sensei as he entered the class, "Silence everyone, I have taken a look over all of your performances and have a few comments to make. Midoriya first, the reason you won was a reckless one without any backup or thought put into your surroundings...and on that note, everyone take out your notebooks and write down what I am about to say..."

He hummed as the steady silence was broken by the sounds of pages flipping and incessant tappings on the desk with their pens. I took out a piece of paper I had in my packet and a pencil half broke that I took from the register yesterday at my job.