C-3:Scattered thoughts

How often do we lose ourselves to time? Perhaps not waking up after the fifteenth alarm? Or maybe something greater, like losing a dream because you were too lazy? Probably both.I myself lost time, wondering and thinking these questions yet it seemed to make my mind, less rustic. Today was the day, I was about to step into UA High, yet again.Not as a participant, but rather as a student. The hologram contained a cryptic message when played backwards and selecting the first letter which decoded to, '11am Central Office'

Am I going to be losing my time yet again? That would be less than pleasant. However, if this message is from the Principal, it will cause even more loss ignoring it. Why did he think I can solve this small party trick in the first place? Perhaps he overestimates me? No, that's unlikely without proof. I am an ordinary student, why and how did he target me? If my suspicion was right, it was probably the 23 cameras that had focused on me when the entire wreckage happened.

If that were the case, then the principal and teachers would be well aware of me. But I didn't need to fret, there were much more talented individuals in this school with useful quirks. I could finally live peacefully while completing my orders without them intersecting. At least that's what I hoped.

I stepped in finding myself in silence as I was quite early compared to most, it was only 7 am. However, this gave me about an hour to roam around the campus before entering class. I gave up on analyzing further as the silence as the cold wind blew in the early morning sky. The first steps on campus were the hallmark of my new beginning. Should I do something to celebrate it perhaps? Should I eat some more gummies from the nurse? It's too early for that, unfortunately. 

The hallways were having about 2 cameras well in the display on every corner, which might seem excessive but this was a hero school we were talking about. For villains, this would be an all-you-can-eat buffet without the constant surveillance. I wonder if anyone is watching me right now? I was used to it, so it didn't bother me at all. I turned around and I seemed to have lost my way walking through this enormous school without a particular guideline as such. I sighed as I would now have to rely on my memory to find the right path. 

"Excuse me? May I know who you are? Are you lost perhaps?" I turned around to find a person with a cement-like face and comically round eyes greeting me out of concern. I watched those pupils dilate in a microsecond, which means he did know me vividly enough. It seems my prediction was right but it wasn't the time to show that fact.

"Yes, unfortunately I did lose my way, the school is quite a maze."Why did I have to compare it to a maze? Did the analogy fit the scenario of a student talking to a perhaps future teacher? I don't remember talking much to begin with so this was going off the various novels I had read over the past years.

"Hoh! You are right on that, even I get very confused at times. Did you get your ID by chance?" He asked a question which he seemed confident I didn't know the answer to. I suppose given that he was a teacher, he knew quite well that students won't get ID's until the end of the first day. I sighed as I saw myself falling into this simple trap but it seemed harmless enough to let it go on. I wonder what his level of manipulation is as a teacher?Will it be like my earlier ones?If so, it would be rather unreveering. 

"Unfortunately I had no clue that we would get our ID's" I tried my best to fake a surprised tone which was quite enough to at least fool the man for a bit. He nodded in acknowledgement as a small grin spread across his face, "Why don't we head to the teacher's lounge? The student IDs were supposed to be distributed sooner, I suppose you didn't receive them."