Wattpad Original
There are 27 more free parts

Ch. 5: Brothers

Her eyes go completely round, and her mouth pops open

Her eyes go completely round, and her mouth pops open. "What? No..."

I nod. "Yes, and they were not impressed."

That's putting it lightly. Grandpa was already frustrated because the food was not cooked to his liking so when Demers showed up when we were getting ready for dessert it pushed him over the edge. Grandma got upset at Grandpa's cursing, but Easton's smooth-talking and Hayes teasing had her smiling again soon thereafter.

"Oh my God!" Valerie's exclaims and it's satisfying to see red color spread across her cheeks. At least she has the decency to get embarrassed.

"Keeping the calendars up-to-date should not be that difficult but so far you've managed to mess up the luncheon, the senior departments meeting and the dry cleaning. If you can't handle it maybe this isn't the right job for you."

The humble look in her eyes disappears in an instant and I watch how her eyes flash, her back straightens, and she squares her shoulders. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know I pissed her off and she's ready for a battle.

"I apologize," she says in a tone that is so completely opposite from what her facial expression says that I chuckle.

Her eyes narrow and she bites down on her plump bottom lip like she's forcing herself to stay quiet.

I feel a stirring in my pants as my dick wakes up. He's clearly interested in this feisty woman in front of me and that pisses me off even more.

"Consider this a warning," I snap. "If it happens again, you're fired."

***

I'm running late. I know it without having to look at my phone, which is currently blowing up. Like seriously, what the fuck? My brothers and especially Hayes, have to calm the fuck down. So I'm a few minutes late, or maybe an hour, but it's not like it's that big of a deal. We're just having a couple of drinks at Seraphina's. It's nothing to get all wound up about.

"Here's your receipt, sir," the parking attendant says with a big grin and hands me a ticket as soon as I get out of the car. I nod and head for the bar. I'm pretty sure I made the young guy's night by allowing him to park my Audi R8. It's not every night a car like that pulls into a parking garage, not even to one in an area as affluent as this.

Seraphina's is one of Andrew's favorite places, so we've been here a lot, especially lately. It is classy and expensive. Dark wood paneling with built-in booths all around the perimeter and a large bar set up in the middle. The lights are dim, and the music is just loud enough that you can hear it, but you're still able to talk.

My brothers are always at the bar, and there are always women hanging over them. Tonight is no different, except that I'm usually there with them from the beginning.

"What the fuck, Pres?" Easton says with a look that tells me he's already had a few of those whisky sours he favors.

Hayes grins up at me from underneath the arm of some girl I've seen around here a few times, though I don't know who she is.