Wattpad Original
Mayroong 1 pang libreng parte

Ch. 31: Marramount

There's so much to look at, I don't know where to start

There's so much to look at, I don't know where to start. The penthouse condo we're in is stunning—despite not having any furniture in it—but so is the view through the large windows. My eyes bounce between the luxurious marble fireplace, the floor to ceiling built-in bookshelves, to the view of the river. Trees are swaying lightly in the distance, and even though I can't hear the flow of the river, I imagine what it sounds like.

It's a beautiful and peaceful space, but then with a multimillion dollar price tag, it should be.

I turn my back to the view to inspect the rest of the space. I feel like a kid in a candy store, not knowing where to go next. Dark, wide plank floor boards, mix with wide white trim and soft gray wall colors. It's stunning and I can't help but slide my hand across the wall on my way towards the kitchen.

"Wow!"

The kitchen has the biggest island I've seen in my life. And I enjoy watching home improvement shows—where I can pretend I have money and know what I'm doing—almost as much as I enjoy hockey. The island has marble counter tops which match the living room fireplace, built-in dishwasher drawers, and a sink with a gold faucet. It's wide enough that it'll seat at least eight people comfortably, not counting the separate dining area with coffered ceilings and elaborate woodwork. The white shaker style cabinets go all the way to the ceiling and the stove top has eight burners. Eight! My stove has four, where three of them work most of the time.

And don't even get me started on the built-in wine fridge and the wine rack above it. Fiona would have a breakdown if she saw it.

I let out a nervous giggle because as much as I've imagined myself being in a space like this, I never expected it'd come true.

The doors to the balcony open, and my attention is brought back to the living area. Preston steps outside like he owns the place and I giggle when I realize he kind of does.

He looks amazing—like always. His suit is a dark blue with a crisp white shirt underneath and a baby blue tie, and it so works for him. The blue colors make his eyes pop and the sparkle I see in there has my heart skipping a beat and my lady bits tingling, because I now know what he can do.

He was in my bed last night.

His warm, smooth skin against mine. Hard muscles surrounding me. Soft mouth taking and giving.

Damn.

It's difficult to focus on what I'm supposed to be doing when memories of our night together play on replay inside my mind. I know I'm blushing because it's the best freaking show ever. Preston Cartwright with clothes on is an amazing sight, but without, he's a freaking dream come true. And he sure knows what to do in the bedroom.

I use my hand to fan my heated face. Luckily, Preston is too busy inspecting the wraparound balcony to notice.

I take off my jacket and step closer to the open door. It's chilly outside, but the briskness feels good on my heated skin.