Wattpad Original
There are 13 more free parts

Ch. 19: Allure

Valerie gathers the proposals from the contractors we are missing records from and walks out of the boardroom

Valerie gathers the proposals from the contractors we are missing records from and walks out of the boardroom. I can't decide if I'm relieved or disappointed.

Or what I was expecting.

I watch the way her ass sways and my dick takes notice and swells inside my jeans.

"Jesus," I sigh underneath my breath.

It doesn't seem to matter what she does nowadays. My body is constantly fighting this attraction to her. She intrigues me like no other woman has before. And it's not even just her body I'm attracted to, although those tits and that ass definitely help, but its other things. Things I've never paid attention to before excite me now, like her smile, the way her eyes lit up when she's excited about something, or how clever she is.

And she is clever. A lot smarter than I gave her credit for initially. Hence why we're here.

I need her to help solve the shit fest the Marramount has become. She's always willing to help, which is good for me since I allowed some asshole to take advantage of Cartwright & Sons, and now I need to fix it.

Yet I feel guilty for keeping her away from her kids by having her come in to work on the weekend. I remember all too well what it felt like growing up without my parents around, but Valerie promised everything was fine. And she's definitely not a pushover, which I respect. 

I'm pretty sure she'd call me out on my shit if I wasn't her boss and she knew me better. But I am her boss, and she's been nothing but professional. Maybe a little too professional for my liking. 

Her jean jacket hangs on the back of a chair two chairs away from mine. She took it off before she walked out of the room and I have to resist an urge to reach for it. To bury my nose in it and inhale that sweet floral perfume she always wears, which reminds me of summer.

I hear her talking on the phone and tap a key on the keyboard to wake up my laptop. There's no time for whatever it is I'm doing.

I have to remember that she's an employee. That she's here helping because I pay her to. Not because she's dying to get in my pants, although from some of the glances I caught today, she might not be all that opposed to it and that has my dick going crazy. He'd totally be on board. 

But I doubt one night with Valerie will be enough.

And what the fuck is wrong with me?

I bend my head over the laptop and groan. How the fuck did I get here?

Women have never gotten to me like this before.

And what the hell is up with my brother?

Does Andrew suspect I'm attracted to my admin? Why else would he suggest he'd go downstairs and wait for the food? And why the hell would my other brothers agree to go with him?