Wattpad Original
There are 16 more free parts

Ch. 16: Crush

It's finally quiet

It's finally quiet. My brother has left, the kids are sleeping; the neighbors have stopped their sex-capades and I've shut the tv off.

I drain my third glass of wine, stretch out on the couch, and decide to call Fiona.

"Hey," she singsongs. "How was your day in hottie land?"

I let out a giggle, but a second later I groan because even though it was a great day at work it got a bit rough ones I got home.

"So much has happened today, Fi," I tell her.

"Yeah," she beams. "Good stuff?"

"Mostly, I think."

"Has it solved the cobwebs be gone problem?" she asks eagerly.

I snort out a laugh. "No, not that good." But damn, now I wish that was the case.

"I figured that, so I bought you something," she says, and I can hear the amusement in her voice.

"Oh god." I'm not sure whether I should be scared or excited. It can go either way with Fiona.

"Yeah, she chuckles, it might make you scream 'oh god.'"

"Fiona!" I try to be stern but after three glasses of wine, and images of a half naked Preston dancing through my mind has all sense of dignity flying out the window. And I'm curious what she bought.

"I'm just trying to be a supportive friend," she teases. "You know, until you get the real thing again."

"Oh, no, Fi. Did you buy me a vibrator?"

"Maybe," she laughs. "By the way, it's purple."

I groan loudly again, which only makes Fiona laugh harder. It's not long before I can't help but laugh along with her. And I guess there are worse things than your best friend wanting to help you out, in all sorts of ways.

***

I wake up to the feel of something slimy and wet across my face. There's a little giggle next to me as I blink and try to force my eyes open. It takes me a few seconds to orient myself once I do.

It's morning and I'm in my apartment, only I fell asleep on the couch instead of the bed last night, which explains the crick in my neck. And I'm being smacked in the face by a wet bath cloth.

"Morning mommy," Bella says happily.

"Bella," I croak out, my mouth dry from last night's wine. "What are you doing?"

"Helping."

"Helping?" I push myself up to a sitting position. "With what?"

"Uh huh, mommy's dirty face."

I look from her big smile to the wet towel she has in her hand, dripping water all over the floor.

"Dirty face?" Oh, yeah, I probably have smeared makeup all over me.