Wattpad Original
There are 14 more free parts

Ch. 18: Overtime

Fiona slept over at my apartment last night so she can watch the kids for me while I work overtime

Fiona slept over at my apartment last night so she can watch the kids for me while I work overtime. I hesitated to ask her at first, because it feels like she's always doing things for me, and I'm not able to return the favor. But since I'm getting paid double time for whatever hours I work over the weekend, I'll be able to afford to buy her something nice as a thank you.

Her response had been an immediate yes, accompanied with an eye roll. "It's your chance, babe," she'd said with a teasing smile, and I knew she was more focused on the "cobwebs be gone" project, while I was thankful for a chance to prove myself. "All that testosterone in one room. Damn, you're lucky!" she sighed.

I laughed. Lydia and Alana would likely agree with her and they'd definitely be jealous if they knew I was working by myself with the four Cartwright brothers.

I just hoped I'd be able to focus on the job, and not just drool over Preston. His presence was starting to become a problem. He'd always been stupidly hot, but now, with him being nice to me, it changed things. It had ideas crossing my mind that Fiona would be proud of. But they made me feel stupid and embarrassed. It wasn't exactly like robbing the cradle, but he was younger, and in many ways, very immature.

And he was a complication.

"I'm hoping you won't need this now," Fiona grinned and handed me a loosely wrapped present. Even though I suspected I knew what it was, I was scared to open it, and I had a right to be. Fiona had indeed bought me a vibrator. It was about six inches long and shaped just like a penis, complete with veins and a bulbous head. It would've been very realistic looking if it wasn't for the bright purple color.

"Fiona!" I hissed.

She laughed. "For emergencies, babe. The real thing is better, but this takes care of the problem if there's no one there to do it for you."

I was both slightly mortified and intrigued. It had been a while since I bothered to get myself off. The libido had kind of fallen to the wayside after the divorce. And from what I'd heard, that was probably normal considering I had two kids to take care of on my own and when I had a few minutes to myself, I prioritized sleep.

But the desire had started to make a comeback, and since I didn't think Preston would be the one taking me for a ride, I was curious how this magic purple dick would work. I'd never used anything like a vibrator before.

We giggled as she explained how it operated- which wasn't all that complicated, said good night and went to bed.

As soon as the alarm went off in the morning, Fiona got up with me. She made coffee and toast while I showered. Then she helped me decide what to wear because I wasn't sure how I was supposed to dress since it was a weekend, and it made me nervous. I didn't want to wear what I did for a regular workday, but I also didn't want to come in leggings and a sweatshirt.

After trying several options, I settled for a dark green maxi dress and a jean jacket. It was cute and flirty. Maybe more on the causal side of business casual, but not inappropriate.