chapter twenty

"Are you sure?" Cole asked me looking into my eyes searching for any sign of doubt.

"Yes I'm sure," I smiled at him as his worry faded and he kissed my nose then my lips.

"Light it up," Cole said to Zane who pulled out a joint, lit it, took a hit then passed it to Cole.

Cole put the joint between his soft, plump lips, took in a deep hit and held it as he handed it to Rebecca. He then leaned his face to mine and parted my lips with his blowing the earthy smoke into my mouth as gently as fog rolls over a field. I inhaled the herbal smoke and it burned my throat but I refused to cough. I exhaled, causing a cloud between us as Cole laughed with his eyes lighting up in the dark of the car illuminated only by the city lights.

"Shit yeah!" Eli yelled, "Finally she has decided to come to the dark side! We do have cookies Brooke."

"I do love cookies," I laughed, "Who's next?"

Zane turned my face to his and put his lips on mine while holding my chin in his hand. His lips were gentle against mine as he blew the smoke in my parted lips. I inhaled expecting a burn but it wasn't as bad this time. His lips lingered against mine, even as I had taken the hit, hungry for more than just the quick contact. I leaned back from him and playfully blew the smoke back in his face filling the car with the woodsy smoke.

"Pass it!" Rebecca said, as she leaned back to grab the joint from Cole, "it's my turn to give it to her."

As the last of our group to try smoking I would be getting a hit from everyone. It was long ago decided, since they couldn't pick who would be the one to give me my first hit, that whoever was present when I decided to try would give me one hit a piece. No one had ever pressured me into trying it. They knew about the probation and how my mom would react but I'm an adult now and there will be no more drug test for the she devil so it seemed like the right time. Of course I had to pick the night when all four of them were here and more than eager to see me get high for the first time. 

"Take it easy on her," Cole laughed, handing her the joint he had got from Zane.

"Come here," Rebecca giggled, pulling my face to hers, "Let's see if I can atleast top Zane."

I could feel Rebecca's smile against my lips as they touched mine and she gave me a small hit. As I inhaled she still had her lips against mine as I felt her hand in my hair. I exhaled as she pushed against me climbing into my lap over the front seat. Straddling me between the boys she pulled my hair and parted my lips with her tongue. I laughed against her warm assault resting my hands on her thighs. She leaned back and smiled at me as we laughed at the guys' expressions including Eli who had parked the car right before she climbed over the seat.

"Had to make sure it would look natural in case Zane got any ideas during truth or dare," she laughed, climbing off my lap and back into the front seat.

"Fuck I'm glad I parked in time to see that!" Eli exclaimed with wide eyes looking between me and his girlfriend.

"Got dammit," Zane said pulling on his pants, "I didn't think about that dare but I may use it now."

"Damn Brooke," Cole sighed, running his hand through his hair.

"And just to think I still have Eli to go," I laughed as Cole shot Eli a look as we got out of the car, "but we should do that one outside."

"In front of Thea obviously," Rebecca laughed, catching on to my plan to make it look like I was the slut she made me out to be.

"Well then," Eli said, relighting the joint, "come here."

Eli hit the joint and handed it off to Cole as he nervously cupped my face in his hand pinning me to the car. His lips pressed against mine as he filled my mouth with smoke forcing me to inhale the huge hit. He didn't move his lips from mine as I exhaled back into his parted lips. He smiled and pulled away as we heard a snort come from the car beside ours. Thea had seen everything.