২৪.‌ lucifer

The most charming, the epitome of grace,

Knowing it all, the fallen angel
Beware of falling for him, he is not to be loved
Behold Lucifer, the handsomest man on earth!

****

The morning failed to light up Hrishav's blackened heart. Thus, he was to feed on the usual again– the trio of love, naivety, hope.

He was desperate. He had no choice left. So much was done, so many times he tried to defeat the monster inside of him, to extinguish the shabby green lamp that hypnotised his virtuous senses, but in vain. A lesson he learnt– you must coexist with your monsters.

Especially the ones that grow in you from the seed of memories.

"I am sorry, forgive me." He smiled– the same beautiful piece of serenity, the facade of charm, but Hrishav would be irked to hear it. He believed he was born charming. It just took time to bloom. Now he was a full grown man ready to be wanted by all. But alas, he didn't want any love.

Ishti kutum, perching on a branch, called incessantly. Hrishav looked at the bird announcing the arrival of a guest.

"Is she still a guest, a stranger? I believe not. She had wished to untie the knots of my soul, and what happened? She herself got tangled." He snickered, recalling her otherworldly features– the colours of her body, the stroke of her lips, her smooth waist that he wished to grab. "Yet a butterfly cannot bewitch a spider."

Hrishav inhaled the fresh air, taking in the fragrance of the wet grass, the moss, the wildflowers beneath his feet.

"What would I not do to reach you and feel you?"

Should he have freed Maya? Should he have kept a distance? Well, his master had not warned him about the namesake of Mahamaya but someone else...

Only he knew, and this moment was a witness of it, of how far he could go to get her, what all he was capable of doing. Maya was the thorn on his path while she was the elixir he would get drunk on.

Despite not being his ultimate goal, Maya did have power. She was the foe he had fallen for, even if little, even if a quarter of what he felt for her.

"You make me feel things no woman has ever had before. Not even Radha or Catherine. Hah, that Catherine! She was a fool, a good old fool. And Radha was the same. But you, you Maya..."

He closed his eyes, remembering the day the two of them had been cooking in the holy kitchen.

"You are different, so very different."

Maya was a challenge that a man like him had to ace.

His heart burnt with passion. He carved scars, smoke emanating from the unseen crevices. The very little that was left of him, Maya turned to ashes. He arched his body slightly, feeling the thrill slither down his spine like a trickle of icy cold water seducing him. He parted his lips, relaxing his whole body and slackening his shoulders. Pleasure bubbled in each part.

"I will kill you without pain, Maya. Because you are mine, only mine, captured in my world as a prize I won."

I will snatch you. I will treasure you. I will bewitch you.

Oh, what I wouldn't do for you!

He needed Maya in her body. And he needed her in whole– her body and soul. After he would ascend to the status of a demigod, power would be ample in his hands. He would weave an illusion of amour and passion for this young girl, and maybe request his master to ease the pain inflicted on Maya. Then she would just be a spirit, but still. Maya may not have been everything but was a lot.