CHAPTER 6

Seventeen year old Cerise...

CERISE

"Hey Cerise! Wait up!"
Alan Frog runs up beside me while I walk down the path at the boardwalk. Edgar, his brother, follows behind, but he has a scowl on his face.

He wears the scowl a lot lately, and he tries to talk in a deep voice to make him seem like a bad boy. He can try all he wants, but I'll never forget that little boy who'd cry when he wouldn't get his own way.

I smile at the both of them. "Hey guys! How's the comic shop?"
"Slow," Alan shrugs, "and boring."
"Yeah," Edgar says, giving me that scowl, which confuses me a little.

"What are you up to tonight?" Alan asks, following me around. I shrug. "I'm just killing time, enjoying the boardwalk," I laugh, doing a slow spin with my arms outstretched.

Edgar grunts. "Where's David and the others?" His eyes bounce everywhere, searching for them.
"Around somewhere," I reply, then changing the subject. "Hey a concert is going on next week! I was thinking about going, wanna join me?"

"Yeah!" Alan says before Edgar grabs him by the shoulder and gives him a look. He whispers in his brothers ear so that I can't hear.
Jeez...he's acting so weird tonight. Weirder then normal.

I begin to feel a bit awkward around them, so I wave a little. "I'll catch you later, okay?" I walk off, leaving behind the Frog Brothers.
I don't get it, Edgar's been shutting me out a lot lately. I mean, why? We've been best friends since we were little! What's going on with him?

Well, at least Alan is being cool. He still treats me like a friend, not a shadow.
I dodge a few people before I jump on to the carousel, riding around. Totally against the rules. But hey, if the guys can do it, so can I.
I laugh loudly before I hear the guard shout. "Hey! Your not suppose to do that!"

"Oh shit!" I laugh, jumping off and running as fast as I can away.
When I lose the guard, I catch my breath, fixing my leather jacket.
Just like the guys...I have my own style.

I wear a studded leather jacket, along with the charm necklace Paul made for me when I was twelve. It has a patch sewn on my left side, (the patch Marko gave me on my twelfth bday,) some chains wrapped around the shoulders, and white cursive stitching that says 'Cerise' on my right side.

I wear a pair of ripped skinny leg black jeans with black boots, and one lightening bolt earring that hangs off my right ear.
My hair used to be long, past my tailbone, but a couple weeks back I had Dwayne cut it to shoulder length.
So yeah...that's my style.

I hum while skipping down to my family whose waiting for me.
They're on there bikes and talking. Marko and Paul are trying to smack each other playfully, Dwayne's staring at the handles of his bike, and David sighing, because they aren't listening to him speak.

Yeah, we're not an ordinary family, but I love these guys...

I never had a mom, or a dad.
David told me that they found me in a vehicle that was abandoned out in the middle of nowhere.
Sad isn't it? My biological parents must have been complete monsters to do such a thing to a baby.

But I'm happy...I love my four dads.

David smiles at me as I approach them. "Hey Reese,"
"Hi dad," I hug him before going to the others. "Did you talk to Max?"
"Yeah," Dwayne sighs, "boring shit."
"Hmm, I saw a Help Wanted sign on his window. Should I get a job there?" I ask. For weeks I've been begging David to let me get a job, and finally he said I could. Though he's been picky as to where I can work.

Marko shrugs. "I wouldn't. That place is boring as hell."
"Agreed. But if it's something you wanna do, then I don't mind," David says.
I smile. "Thanks dad," I hop on my bike. "We ready to ride?!"
"Hell yeah!" Paul says excitedly.