CHAPTER 13

DAVID

I walk towards them, and stop right in the middle. The other three join my side, and we stand face to face. The Lost Boys, and Surf Nazis.

"You showed," Greg laughs, holding Cerise.
My heart beat raises when I see her. Out of joy that she's still alive, and out of fear that she's being held at gunpoint.

"Cerise?" I ask, hesitantly.

She doesn't respond.

"Go ahead," Greg whispers, a little to seductive in her ear that makes my fangs explode.

"I-I'm okay David. I'm okay..." she stutters, Greg's grip tightening on her.

Relief floods my chest to hear her voice.

"Let her go," Marko says though clenched teeth. "We don't have to fight."
"No, we don't," Greg says, "Give us David, and you get Cerise."

Cerise cries out. "No! David don't do it-"
Greg smacks her, and I nearly lash out before Dwayne grabs me.

"Quiet girl!" He shouts, and I can see her crying softly.

Something flashes in my head.

A memory of her as a little girl, sitting on the cave floor, crying.
I see Marko walking up to her, asking what's the matter, and she points at her knee that she scrapped from falling.
I see Dwayne picking her up and setting her on the fountain, of Paul putting a band aid on the wound and the three of them kissing it to make it better.

My little girl...

A pain stings my chest.
I will do anything and everything for her, even if it means sacrificing myself to protect her.

I exhale, and begin to walk to Greg.

Greg smiles, and when I'm in front of them, he lets Cerise go.
She runs into my arms, hugging me so hard that I can barely breathe.

"Its okay," I whisper in her hair, running a hand up and down her back. "Its going to be okay."

"Please," she cries, "I-I don't want to lose you."
I kiss her forehead. "Trust me," I push some of her hair away, "My Cerise..."

She hiccups softly, before Greg pushes her forward and grabs me.
I allow him to be rough, though I can do serious damage if I wanted too.

But not just yet...

Cerise runs into the guys arms, and they all hug her. They talk over one another, asking if she's alright, if she's hurt, but she doesn't answer any of them.

She turns to me and Greg behind me.

"Finally! I can get rid of you!" Greg laughs, holding the gun to my back. "Come on out boys!"
And then we're surrounded by men, pointing guns at us.

Marko calmly tells Cerise to get to cover, and she runs behind a car.
Oh...what fun this will be...

I smirk. "Did you ever find it odd that we were only seen at night?"
Greg stares at me, annoyed and impatient. "What the fuck does that have to do with anything?!"

"It has to do with a lot actually..." I whisper, meeting gazes with my brothers who smirk as well.

I shape into my vampire form and turn my head to get align with Greg's neck.

Then, I strike. Teeth sinking into his pounding vein, swallowing his blood.

He screams in horror, dropping his gun, trying to get me off, but I wrap my arms around him and continue to drink.