CHAPTER THIRTEEN

AUGUST 1ST
ANNA

I wake up to the sound of voices coming from the living room. Going downstairs to inspect it. I see Nico and Luca in the living room, moving around multiple boxes, and Anthony cleaning breakfast off of Matteo in the kitchen. I look around and ask, "What's all of this?"

Anthony pipes up from the kitchen. "My stuff."

I tilt my head in confusion, "Why is it in the living room?"

One of the guys clears their throat, "We're going to head out. Bye!" And they speed out of my place.

"Since I'm living here already, I thought I should just move all my stuff in." He nods confidently.

"When.." Lost for words.

"I haven't slept at my place for a month now. It's easier than me going back and forth when I can save that time and be here with both of you guys."

"Okay."

"Okay." He gives me a cheeky smile. "I'll have it cleared out before our date tonight." He holds me by my waist and pecks my lips.

"Our date?"

He nods, "Since you're off, I'm taking you out on a date tonight. Just us two. I'm going to wine and dine you." He says pressed against my lip.

My arms wrap around his shoulder as I say, "You don't have to wine and dine me, you already have me."

"Hmm, but I want to keep you."

I lift up on my toes and kiss him, he pulls me deeper into him. We're so immersed into our kiss we didn't hear Matteo the first time.

"Daddy play!" He smacks his hand on the counter with a whine.

We pull apart with a laugh. He gives me one last kiss before pulling away. "Okay buddy let's go play." He picks up from his high chair and throws him over his shoulder. He kisses me again when he walks past me towards Matteo's room.

I'm halfway through my laundry when I feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist from behind. He rests his chin on my shoulder and hands me my phone. "Your phone has been ringing."

I look and see it's the hospital. I slouch as I pick it up. "H..."

Jane cuts me off, "I'm so sorry, but I need you to come in right away. 2 nurses called out and there's a big accident coming right now."

Knowing I can't say no, I sigh, "Okay." Hanging up the phone. My head falls back against his shoulder.

"It's okay, we can have our date another day."

"But I was really looking forward to it." I pout.

He pecks my cheek, "We'll make it up with 2 dates."

I nod my head.

He taps my butt, "Go get ready. I'll drop you off."

I drag my body away, forcing myself to change.

"I really could've walked." As we get settled into his car.

"We were leaving anyway." I turn back to look at a sleeping Matteo.

"Where are you guys going?"

"My parents wanted to have lunch with him."

I see the entrance of the hospital, I unbuckle myself and open the door, before I step out. He grabs my arms and leans into my space. Whispering against my lips, "I'll bring lunch by later." He presses his lips onto mine. "Have a good day angel." He gives me one more kiss, then lets me go.