CHAPTER TWENTY

JULY 6TH
ANNA

"Babe, our families are going to be pissed when they find out we're here."

He waves me off, "Who cares, I want to marry you on our anniversary."

Confused, I ask, "Which anniversary?"

He smiles, "The day we met again."

I roll my eyes, but I can't contain my smile as I lean in to kiss him.

Anthony woke me up in the middle of the night with all our bags packed and hauled Matteo and I off to the private airport, saying he had a surprise.

I look around the strip as we're back at the place we started at. I shake my head as he leads us into the hotel. He secretly planned everything out in a matter of days. He already has an appointment at the chapel later tonight.

I let Matteo down as we entered the penthouse suite. He runs around the room exploring the entire place. My phone rings halfway into the living room, looking at the screen I see it's Amelia. Picking it up, I'm about to greet her, but she barges me with questions immediately.

"What the hell are you guys doing in Vegas? Why didn't you guys say anything?"

"Uhhh.."

"Oh hell no. You guys are getting eloped aren't you?"

"..."

"To hell you guys are. We're coming. You better wait for us." Then she hangs up.

I look up at Anthony, shocked. He grimaces and rubs the back of his neck. Sighing, "I guess it's a good thing it'll be later tonight."

I shrug, walking up to him and wrapping my arms around his neck, "It wouldn't be so bad having them here."

"As long as we get married tonight, I don't care." He kisses me.

"Daddy, I'm hungry." Matteo tugs at his slacks.

We both chuckle, picking him up, we kiss either side of his cheeks. "Okay bubs, let's go eat."

He cheers, "Yay!"

3 HOURS LATER

Matteo is napping on the king sized bed in one of the rooms. I'm cuddled up against Anthony on the couch when a knock comes at the door.

He groans, "They're here."

I giggle, "Come on." Pulling him up.

We opened the door, surprised to see everyone in the hallway.

"How did.. What?"

"I called everyone. We dropped everything and came." Amelia shrugs with a smile.

"Anthony Ricci, how dare you try to marry her without us here." His mom says from the hallway. Both hands on her hips.

He pouts, "I wanted it to be a surprise."

"Come on, we're stealing Anna for the day to get her ready." Elena pulls me to her side.

"But I." He tries to argue.

"Don't bother, they planned everything on the way here." Luca pats him on the shoulder, making his way into the room.

I pat him on the chest, "It's okay, I'll see you tonight. Have fun with the guys." I lean up on my tiptoes and peck him on the lips before Elena and Amelia pull me down the hallway, with the rest of the females.

After shopping for a dress, a well needed spa day, we're finally at the chapel. I'm waiting behind the doors for the music to start.

My hand resting in my dad's arms, he looks down at me with a smile. "You look beautiful."