Chapter 3

The Doodlesphere..?

Blue had never heard of an Au of that name. Now that he thought about it, he’s never heard of a Sans named Ink before. Was his world a new Au? What was it supposed to be? All he could see was a beautiful but confusing place.

"Ink, what's behind you?" Blue pointed out. What were the papers? And why was there so many?

Ink turned around in the direction of the papers.

Ink paused.

Blue came up to him, holding his shoulder. Ink turned back to him with a huge grin, eyes changed once again.

“Those are the Au’s! Although…there’s a lot more than I remember…” Ink looked amazed and so did Blue.

The papers were the Au’s. All of them? And what did Ink mean by remember?

“Wait a minute…” Ink suddenly spoke up. He walked past Blue and reached his hand up.

A torn paper fell into his hand. Ink stayed still.

“What happened to this Au…?” Ink asked. His tone of voice felt distant. It seemed Ink noticed all other torn Au’s.

“Ink, what does a torn paper mean…?” Blue had a hutch but wanted to confirm his suspicions.

“That an Au was destroyed…”

---

Ink was shaking. Blue was no Dream, but he knew that Ink was not feeling the best. So he came up to Ink, and without thinking, he hugged him.

Ink stayed in his hug for a while. Until he was pushed away.

Concerned, he was about to ask Ink what happened.

Ink threw up Ink.

At least, he thinks that was him throwing up.

They both stood still.

“What were we talking about?” Ink asked, having no memory of the previous conversation.

After removing the shock, he put his gloved hands onto Ink’s shoulders.

“Ink, we were talking about the destroyed Au’s.” He saw Ink’s face sour. His eye light was a blue teardrop and a purple square.

He could tell Ink tried to muffle his voice, but he heard it anyway.

“I was supposed to protect them, it is my duty to protect.”

Blue had no clue what Ink was talking about, but he felt like he needed to comfort his new friend(can he call him that yet?).

“Hey Ink, it’s okay. Error is a troubling foe, I should know.” Blue and Dream started to fight Error a while ago. He was much harder to beat(despite the fact that he worked alone) because they didn’t have an advantage against him.

“Who’s Error?”

Well, that was a shock.

But it did make sense. Ink was clearly oblivious to why the Au’s were destroyed. Why would he know who did it?

"Error is who I assume destroyed all the Au’s” He explained. And he wasn’t assuming. He knew. He wasn’t dumb and naive(despite what the bad sanses might believe.) However, he believes that everyone has a good side. He didn’t want Ink to instantly hate Error.

“Why?” Ink questioned. His eye lights turned into question marks.

“That is something I want to know for myself…” Blue whispered. It was true. He wanted to know why Error destroyed Au’s. A part of him knew that Error had no other reason than ‘he wants to’, but a bigger part of him thinks that there could be a better reason.

He must have looked gloomy, because before he knew it, he was hugged.

He looked down at Ink.

“When you hugged me I felt better, so I’m hugging you to make you feel better!” Ink responded to his questioning look, with a huge grin.

Blue felt himself tearing up and hugged Ink back.

“Oh no! Why are you crying!? Did I do something wrong!?” Ink looked panicked now.

Blue just squeezed Ink tighter in the hug.

“Don’t worry about it Ink”

---

After Blue calmed down, he remembered that he needed to go home.

“Ink, I need to go home” He didn’t want to leave Ink, and by the look on his face, Ink didn’t want him to leave either.

“Oh, okay…” Ink sounded the most sullen since he met him(not including their very first meeting as Ink didn’t exactly talk).

Blue felt guilty leaving Ink behind. He was clearly isolated from others, and Blue was probably his first interaction with someone in years. But he couldn’t just leave his life behind either. 

That's when the idea hit him. Why not just take Ink with him? (With his permission of course.)

“Ink, why don’t you come with me?” Blue asked. He hoped Ink would say yes.

Ink had literal star eyes, that was a good sign, right?

However, Ink soon looked disappointed. 

“But I have to protect them! It’s my job! I’ve been away for too long haven’t I?” Ink motioned his hands to the Au’s. He looked conflicted with himself.

“Ink, it doesn’t hurt to stay away a little longer. If most of them have been fine for this long without you, then I’m sure it can wait. Now I’m not saying that you are not needed here anymore, I’m just saying that you can rest easy.” Blue reassured.

Ink looked at him in conflict. Then after thinking about it, he looked up at Blue in amazement.

“You’re so smart!” He suddenly exclaimed. He could feel himself blush.

“Heh, thanks Ink..”

“So, do you want to come to my Au?” He hoped he had convinced Ink to go with him.

“Yeah, I’ll always love visiting Au’s! Especially new ones!” Ink smiled brightly at him, and he smiled back.

“What’s your Au’s name?”

“I think it’s called ‘Underswap’...”

Ink took his brush from his back to his hands.

“Step back please!”

After stepping behind Ink, Ink’s paintbrush was swayed into the air. Creating a new portal. Then he remembered his first teleporting experience with Ink’s portals.

He felt more nervous but also excited.

He felt Ink grab his hand and drag him into the portal.

If only Ink’s portals were more like Dream’s.