Chapter 11

Ink quickly dashed forward, narrowly avoiding the bones Error summoned.

He broke Error’s strings using Broomie before they could reach him. Ink was having fun, evident by the huge grin on his face. He hasn’t had this much fun in years! Even before his ‘death’ he didn’t have a battle as his priority was the Au, but now he’s fighting for an Au! Which brought him back to the fight.  He dodged a few more attacks before sending some bones of his own. 

Error moved the strings high enough to avoid missing them barely. Error’s sinister grin grew into a smirk.

Error himself fascinated Ink. Ink could tell by his title of destroyer alone that he was powerful. Ink always loved to learn more about how people fight, it’s useful sure, but Ink was more interested in the fun of it. He could tell things from the way they fought. His strings were another unique thing about him, he was used to seeing Sanses with similar weapons(with some exceptions). He hoped he could see all the new things about the Au’s! 

“Why don’t you come back down? It’s no fun like this!” Ink playfully shouted. 

“Sorry shorty, can’t hear ya!” Error quickly yelled back, his previous annoyance taken away in favor of teasing. 

“Wow, going for someone's height are ya?” Ink jokingly asked as he dodged more bones, then ran up them to get closer.

“So what do you like to do?” Ink asked, remembering Dream’s advice. He gave himself a mental high-five for remembering that at all. 

“Beating up annoying little shits.” Error replied, with no actual heat in his voice yet. 

 He jumped up and used Broomie to swing some purple paint. 

“Ack! What the hell was that!?” Error snarled as he was hit with some of the paint. 

“Sorry! I assumed you needed some color in your life.” Ink grinned back, cutting some string heading towards him. Error stared before attacking again. Now he was annoyed. Good, Ink liked to annoy others. Especially those who attack the Au’s. It wouldn’t kill them and it was fun. Unless they exploded from their annoyance alone. That was not fun nor did it keep them alive. He ignored the memory to the best of his abilities. (Considering his memory it wasn’t that hard.)

Error summoned a gaster blaster, which Ink mimicked. They were similar in color, but Ink’s was goopy and Error’s was glitched. Both creatures opened their mouths and let their beams hit the others’. The blast was so powerful that it almost knocked back several monsters. 

Ink summoned another gaster blaster and backflipped onto it, it quickly flew up to reach eye level to Error. 

“Hey, buddy-”

“Don’t call me that” Error growled.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever you say.” Nobody believed that, not even Ink, his wink giving that away, which Error glitched at. “Anyway, why don’t you just stop right here and we can put this behind us!” Ink hopefully suggested.

“What.” Error asked, glaring at him. 

“I’d rather have a new friend than a new foe y’know. It’s only been a bit since I got back.” Ink explained, cheerfully. Error narrowed his eyes(Ink was so fascinated by this guy!). He scoffed.

“As if I’d listen to someone like you.” Error hissed before summoning a circle of blasters, all facing towards Ink. Now Error was actually annoyed. Right before his attack hit him, Ink sighed, clearly disappointed. “Such a shame,” he whispered before shielding himself with his ink into a ball.