Chapter 10

Ink had decided to visit some Au’s on his own, so he decided to hop into other worlds randomly.

He hadn’t expected to find a completely white Au.

He wanted to leave but he couldn’t bring himself to move. He was still, he stared at nothing. That was until he noticed someone lying down on the ground.

“Hello…?” He was hoping to find a distraction from the white.

As soon as he spoke the other monster turned toward him quickly. He looked confused but defensive nonetheless. His gaze sharpened, “Who are you?” he pointedly asked.

Ink paid no attention to it and simply responded how he always would, “My name is Ink! What’s yours?” he cheerfully asked.

The skeleton took a few minutes(?) to respond, probably contemplating answering his question. Then quietly he gets an answer, “Cross, my name is Cross.”

He smiled brightly and sat beside Cross, “What are you doing here? Are you waiting for someone? Something? What do you like to do here? Not stare at the white, right? I don’t like white. But it’s okay if you do!” He could feel himself rambling to Cross, but he liked talking to new people. It was fun!

Cross seemed a little overwhelmed by his sudden burst of energy, so he stopped, “Heh, uh, sorry about that! I just get a little excited about meeting new people.” He scratched the back of his neckbone in embarrassment.

He noticed Cross was glaring to the side, it was probably at him. Then Cross looked back at him and sighed.

“I’m waiting for my world to come back…” He said it so quietly that Ink doubted he heard it. Ink tilted his head, why would he wait for his world here? Ink shook his head, ‘He knows better about what happened to his world than you do.’

“So…do you just…sit here?” Ink shivered at the thought of being stuck here all alone. Cross hesitantly nodded. “Don’t you get bored?” ‘Or scared?’ he thought to himself.

“I do, but it’s not like I can do anything about it.” Cross simply shrugged, with a bored expression to match.

Ink came up with an idea! (A good one this time, Dream.)

“Oh! How about drawing, or painting, or making a sculpture? So many options!” He cheerfully suggested. Cross looked nervous before replying, “I think just drawing would be good…”

He materialized papers and pencils out of his magic, he passed half of them to Cross, who took them with caution.

He smiled at the other, “I’m sure yours will look amazing!” Cross looked back in confusion, “how would you know that? You just met me.”

His smile grew,

“I just do!”

Cross just looked even more confused, but looked down and started to draw anyway.

It was nice to draw with somebody else, he loved to draw. He hoped he could come to visit Cross more often.

In the middle of their peaceful drawing, Ink felt a tingling sensation on his bones, and he knew exactly what it meant.

He quickly sat up and faced Cross, who looked shocked at his sudden movement.

“I’m sorry Cross, but I need to go for now, I’ll come back! Promise!” He created a portal and hopped in it so quickly that he didn’t hear the mumbled “be back soon…”

---

He arrived at the Au faster than the others due to the fact he could actually feel an Au being destroyed.