Chapter 9

Nightmare would consider himself an apathetic monster, but right now was a new situation.

“They have gotten help from something else, I need to know what it is.” He told his team. “We don’t know how powerful it is, and if we can stop it. I don’t doubt that Dream would get any ally he can find.” He concluded.

“Are we sure that’s necessary boss?” Killer quickly added, “ I bet the only reason they beat us this time was because we were caught off guard” He rationalized. “I’m sure we will be ready next time.”

“You don’t understand, I couldn’t feel their emotions…” He spat.

It was quiet for a moment.

“What!?” All three members exclaimed, he didn’t need to feel their emotions to recognize the shock and confusion.

He ignored them, “They have something powerful, but I might have a way to one up them.”

Horror was the one to ask the question they were all asking, “Huh? How?”

He could feel a grin forming on his face,

“The destroyer.”

.
.
.

Error didn’t feel like dealing with the abominations and their stupid Au’s. He decided he would take a well deserved break and just spend time in his Anti-void watching Undernovella and crocheting.

At least, that was the plan before the abomination in front of him was trying to negotiate.

It wasn’t like they were allies either, he vaguely remembers the other fleeing when he’s attacked before.

His name was Nightmare, but he couldn’t care less. Their goals would go against each other, and it seemed like they both knew.

Listen, I don’t care for whatever war is going on between you and your brother. Besides, how would we work together?” He was tired of hearing ‘Nightmare’ ramble about ‘Dream’.

“It is not my brother you should be worried about, it is his new ally. I encountered it once, and I can tell it is powerful. Working together might help both of us be prepared for whatever it is. On another note, you could destroy the positive Au’s, which means you get to destroy and I get stronger while my brother gets weaker.” Nightmare grinned, “So what do you say?”

Fine, but don’t think I need this, I’m just bored. Especially when my ‘opponents’ are you and the other one.” He could tell he annoyed Nightmare with that one.

And soon he left, ‘Thank god’ He was about to kick him out.

‘I hope I didn’t make some stupid mistake…

‘...’

Nah, I’m sure it’s fine, he’s probably exaggerating Dream’s ally.’